Search

Best 5-day parking option near MSY?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2013, 3:27 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Best 5-day parking option near MSY?

I have a trip from MSY starting very early tomorrow. Where do you recommend parking for 5 days?
Old Nov 26, 2013, 8:40 pm

Hilton Airport Hotel. They have long term airport parking in the rear of the hotel. Drive around the right side of the building, go thru the gate and park. Free shuttle.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 10:13 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Thank you, FLYMSY!! That was exactly the info I needed!

BTW, is your handle pronounced "flimsy"?
Old Nov 27, 2013, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by nsx

BTW, is your handle pronounced "flimsy"?
Depends on which day of the week.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 8:33 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
I highly recommend this website; very cheap prices.

We are travelling tomorrow and only paying $37 for 10 days of parking.

http://www.airportparkinginc.com/
Old Apr 19, 2018, 11:18 am

Programs: BA GfL
Hey, this is my first time parking my own car at an MSY lot. I have an 8 AM flight tomorrow. If I park at the Hilton, how much time should I allow to get to the terminals (using the Hilton shuttle)? Thanks!
Old Apr 19, 2018, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by travelmad478
Hey, this is my first time parking my own car at an MSY lot. I have an 8 AM flight tomorrow. If I park at the Hilton, how much time should I allow to get to the terminals (using the Hilton shuttle)? Thanks!
IF the shuttle picks you up shortly after you park, you’ll be at the terminal in less than 10 minutes. The Hilton has reconfigured their parking lots and you have to pass through a gate before you can park anywhere in their lots now. Prices have increased, also.

I’ve pretty much stopped parking there. If I’m only going to be gone for 3 days max, I’ll park at ParknFly or U.S. Park. If I’m going to be gone for 4 days or longer, I’ll generally use UberX.

Edit: You need to check with each parking lot as to the total cost of parking/day. There are additional taxes and fees tacked onto the daily parking charge.

Last edited by FLYMSY; Apr 19, 2018 at 3:33 pm
Old Apr 19, 2018, 3:51 pm

Hey, thanks very much for that. Using the Best Parking app, I am seeing a price of $36 for my 3-day spot at the Hilton (cheaper than 2 Uber rides) vs. $41 and $45 for US Park and ParknFly respectively. So I will give the Hilton a shot. I’ll aim to arrive there at 6:30 to be safe.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 4:06 pm

Come back to let us know if your actual total bill was $36, so we can have a data point.

Also, smart about your arrival time. I missed a flight one time because of an accident on I-10. Also, had the TSA play the game of closing the Pre-Check line twice last year. I pretty much always try to be at the airport 90 minutes early now, just in case.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by FLYMSY
Come back to let us know if your actual total bill was $36, so we can have a data point.
Will do.

Originally Posted by FLYMSY
Also, smart about your arrival time. I missed a flight one time because of an accident on I-10. Also, had the TSA play the game of closing the Pre-Check line twice last year. I pretty much always try to be at the airport 90 minutes early now, just in case.
Do you mean at the terminal, or arriving to the parking lot? (I meant the parking lot...it pains me greatly to get to any airport more than 60 minutes ahead of flight time )
Old Apr 19, 2018, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by travelmad478

Will do.

Do you mean at the terminal, or arriving to the parking lot? (I meant the parking lot...it pains me greatly to get to any airport more than 60 minutes ahead of flight time )
If I was primarily a domestic traveler I might agree, but I’m not. All it takes is getting stuck in traffic one time because of an accident and missing your flight which means that you’re also missing your international flight connection. I’d rather the extra time built in rather than the risk of missing my international flight. I rarely fly domestic only itineraries. YMMV.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 8:04 pm

OK, I’m only flying to MIA so I think I will do my usual M.O. here. I’m on the first flight of the day, so it’s not too worrisome.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 6:04 am

Arrived to the Hilton lot at 6:21 AM just as the shuttle was pulling out. Even so, it came back quickly and I was at the terminal by 6:36, and then through (PreCheck) security by 6:43. My flight boards at 7:30 and there’s no AA lounge here Next time I’ll cut it a lot closer

The Hilton lot is all automated. The price per day listed was $12, so we’ll see if that $36 holds true when I get out.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 4:25 pm

And the outcome: when I got back on Sunday, the shuttle bus was right there at the pickup point as I was calling for it, so I was back at my car about 15 minutes after getting off the plane. Even better, both of the Hilton airport parking lot exits had their barriers up—for the whole time that I was putting my bag in my car, starting my car, and driving through—so the total cost of my three days of parking was zero.

Can’t beat that! I’m not sure I’ll get this lucky again, but I’ll definitely be back to the Hilton!
Old May 20, 2018, 10:05 pm

Reporting again on the Hilton, where I parked for 3 days this weekend. This time, I actually had to pay for the parking (!) and the cost was indeed $36. Transportation via the shuttle to/from the airport was very quick and painless. This is going to be my #1 choice until further notice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.