Search

Which ATL hotel best for International Terminal

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2013, 2:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Which ATL hotel best for International Terminal

Hi -

I have an intl layover next week at ATL...

It seems none of the airport shuttles go from the new terminal - and such a hassle to get to the domestic terminal in order to get to the shuttles...

Are there any hotels that have direct links to the International Terminal? Or can you get a cab to airport hotels?

Thanks!
Old Jul 25, 2013, 4:47 pm

Programs: I've gone underground!
Is your layover on the inbound-international or outbound-international? And are you checking luggage?

Outbound is easy especially if you aren't checking luggage. Just check in online if possible and go through the domestic terminal.

Outbound with luggage is harder. Airtran and Delta have been checking in international passengers and sometimes scolding them. Unfortunately international carriers are in the international terminal and you need to ride the shuttle from domestic-international.

Inbound international... your choices are to take a cab or to take the shuttle bus over to domestic. I don't believe you can take carry on back through the TSA and ride the Plane Train to Domestic.

I don't know about hotel shuttle busses to to international. I'm only guessing but I suspect the Hilton and Renaissance would pick you up if you called on arrival.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 4:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Thanks so much - it is intl to intl (both intl carriers) so we are using the new terminal for both... And lots of luggage!

Think just take a cab both ways. Can't find a hotel shuttle to any hotels direct from intl terminal!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.