Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > South
Reload this Page >

Are taxis available at Port of Miami to MIA?

Old Jul 23, 2013, 8:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: hardly any

I plan on taking a cruise out of the port of Miami. At the end of the cruise I would need to get to MIA for the flight home.

Would anyone here know whether there are usually taxis waiting at the port when the ships arrive (usually at about 8-10am)? I prefer a taxi or a car service instead of the over-priced, usually late, and poorly staffed transfer that the ship usually arranges.

Thanks for any information or suggestions.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 1:03 pm

Yes, there are taxis available at the Port of Miami. $24 flat rate (plus tip) to the airport (MIA).

Here is a link:
http://www.miamidade.gov/portmiami/p...sportation.asp

Wait times and availability will vary for number of reasons (Number of boats in Port, when you disembark the ship, number of people using taxis, events in the City, etc.). In my experience, there have always been taxis lined up waiting for pax off the ships....
Old Jul 26, 2013, 3:58 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CokeandTaco
Yes, there are taxis available at the Port of Miami. $24 flat rate (plus tip) to the airport (MIA).

Here is a link:
http://www.miamidade.gov/portmiami/p...sportation.asp

Wait times and availability will vary for number of reasons (Number of boats in Port, when you disembark the ship, number of people using taxis, events in the City, etc.). In my experience, there have always been taxis lined up waiting for pax off the ships....
Do they usually honor the $24 flat rate if you need to be dropped off at the car rentals, near the airport? Last time I didnt specially request this rate and the meter was $32
Old Jul 26, 2013, 6:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: hardly any
Thanks much!

Thanks very much, CokeandTaco; I also appreciate the link to the Port website!
Old Jul 26, 2013, 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by englisha
Do they usually honor the $24 flat rate if you need to be dropped off at the car rentals, near the airport? Last time I didnt specially request this rate and the meter was $32
I am not sure what happened with your trip....

I now remember that a Fuel Surcharge can be added per passenger (~$1) on the flat rate routes. More detailed information here:
http://www.miamidade.gov/business/taxicab.asp
http://www.miami-airport.com/hotel_shuttles.asp
You can always ask what the charge will be for your trip before you go....
Sorry if all this is a little confusing....

Welcome to Miami
Old Jul 26, 2013, 11:05 pm

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Originally Posted by englisha

Wait, what? Any time I've booked a car rental upon docking in Miami, I recall just taking a rental car shuttle bus from the pier, which took me to the car rental locations near MIA. I've never used a cab for that.
Old Jul 29, 2013, 9:15 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jerry305
Wait, what? Any time I've booked a car rental upon docking in Miami, I recall just taking a rental car shuttle bus from the pier, which took me to the car rental locations near MIA. I've never used a cab for that.
Unfortunately, Sixt don't provide a free shuttle to the airport, so will be stuck with a cab again this year. Will do as suggested and negotiate beforehand

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.