Search

Tampa hotel recommendation needed

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2013, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA
Tampa hotel recommendation needed

Going on a short cruise out of Tampa next month and need a hotel for the night before. Mom already vetoed my first suggestion which was stay at a friend's condo for free - complete with rides everywhere. So probably need something nicer than a budget chain.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 4:14 am

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
Originally Posted by wrp96
Going on a short cruise out of Tampa next month and need a hotel for the night before. Mom already vetoed my first suggestion which was stay at a friend's condo for free - complete with rides everywhere. So probably need something nicer than a budget chain.
Look at cruise critic. Many people post the best hotels for cruising out of the Port of Tampa.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MoreMilesPlease
Look at cruise critic. Many people post the best hotels for cruising out of the Port of Tampa.
I've searched over there and posted a similar request last night. So far all the Tampa recommendations I've found are for people driving in or are people looking for the cheapest options.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
There are several nice ones close to the port. The Marriott Waterside is great. The Westin is okay. The Embassy suites across from the Marriott is also very nice. Sometimes you can get great rates at these hotels, but if a convention is in town, they can be quite pricey.
the Sheraton is being (been?) renovated, but it had been kinda dumpy.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 6:15 am

I've searched over there and posted a similar request last night. So far all the Tampa recommendations I've found are for people driving in or are people looking for the cheapest options.
Not sure what driving in has to do with anything.
here is a search result. Plenty of threads

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/searc...rchid=38030930

This thread has some more expensive and boutique hotels mentioned.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...ighlight=tampa

Pretty much answers your question. I'm not sure what type of hotel you are looking for. Marriot, Embassy Suites and Hilton Garden Inn aren't really budget hotels to most people.

Cruise Critic will have 100 times more info for cruises than Flyertalk.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

And if I had been asking about the cruise I would've stayed over there. Forgive me for thinking that a board where people frequently stay in hotels might actually have a recommendation for one.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 8:46 am

And if I had been asking about the cruise I would've stayed over there. Forgive me for thinking that a board where people frequently stay in hotels might actually have a recommendation for one.
Your question was very specific. You specifically asked about a hotel to stay in prior to a cruise out of the Port of Tampa.

Cruise Critic has many, many threads addressing this specific question. I posted a link that has threads answering your very question. The threads I linked to have nothing to do with any actual cruise.

You might find that people who cruise frequently can give you better information on pre and post cruise hotels than a general forum on Florida. You might have even gotten more relevant responses on Flyertalk if you had asked in the cruise forum.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 8:07 am
Suspended

The Grand Hyatt has a beautiful property in Tampa.
Old Mar 30, 2013, 10:01 am

http://www.tahitianinn.com/

To call it a resort is a little stretch, but it was recently redone and is nice. When I stayed there a coupe years ago, they offered FREE parking while we were on the cruise. And a shuttle to and from the port. It easily paid for the price of the room for the one night we stayed there not having to pay for parking.
Also the restaurant on site had the most amazing cake batter pancakes. I try and get them every time I'm in Tampa now.
Old Apr 2, 2013, 5:27 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorer, Marriott Titanium, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, Avis Plus, Hertz PC
Not the closest place, but the grand Hyatt And it's recently renovated. It's 10 minutes from the airport to the international mall and some good restaurants. I really like the property and stay there often

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.