Shopping (Miami and Key West)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2012, 8:14 am
me2
Original Poster

Programs: BA SPG Gold
Shopping (Miami and Key West)

Hi

We are travelling from UK to Florida over Xmas and New Year. I have followed the great advice here to help plan my trip - thanks !

One thing I haven't located yet on FT is where is the best place to shop? I am thinking about the clothes shopping that we Brits like to do in USA (clothes from Gap / Tommy Hillfiger / Timberland or similar) in outlet stores.

Is there anywhere somebody can recommend for us to stop and shop on the drive from Key West back to Miami ? Or shall we wait until we are in Miami and head to the Dolphin Mall in Miami ?

I am assuming that Key West will not really have these types of shops / outlets.

Thanks in advance
Mark

Last edited by me2; Oct 29, 2012 at 9:53 am Reason: typo
Old Oct 29, 2012, 9:52 am

Programs: American Airlines, Continental, United, Southwest, BA, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors, Hyatt
Your question makes me miss my UK relatives. They love to come over and shop till they drop. Having said that , here is a link to the Florida Keys Outlet Center. They are owned by Premium Outlets, which has many outlet malls throughout the U.S. They have both high end and moderately priced stores. This one doesn't look quite as big as the one near me, but it is a start
http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/outlet.asp?id=93. There is also the Sawgrass Mills Outlet in Sunrise, Florida http://www.simon.com/mall/?id=1262
Old Oct 29, 2012, 10:04 am
me2
Original Poster

Thank you.

Yes the only time I "enjoy" rather than "endure" shopping is when I am overseas.

Last edited by me2; Oct 29, 2012 at 10:05 am Reason: typo
Old Nov 9, 2012, 12:42 pm

Though not an outlet,Bayside Marketplace is an amazing place to go !
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:47 am

Programs: UA1K/2MM; LT United Club; HH Diamond; MR LT Titanium; IHG Plat; National EE
Sawgrass Mills is a great suggestion ^ and don't forget to wear comfortable shoes, it is HUGE.

When I do have to endure shopping, I usually go during the week, in the morning right after opening or mid-afternoon, and my favorites (non-factory-outlet, but have all the brands you are after) are:

Aventura Mall, North Miami
Galleria Mall, Fort Lauderdale
Westfield (formerly Broward) Mall, Plantation

Before you go search the internet and check local magazines, there are frequently $20/off $100 or 20%/off of GAP, Banana Republic, etc.

Hope you have a great trip!
Old Nov 14, 2012, 9:42 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by cacic
Your question makes me miss my UK relatives. They love to come over and shop till they drop. Having said that , here is a link to the Florida Keys Outlet Center. They are owned by Premium Outlets, which has many outlet malls throughout the U.S. They have both high end and moderately priced stores. This one doesn't look quite as big as the one near me, but it is a start
http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/outlet.asp?id=93.
Although its called Florida Keys, its not at all in any of the Keys> I was taken back when I 1st read your post thinking 1stly where would there be enough room and being that I was in Key West for the day yesterday I didnt remember seeinga single sign for it .

Then I clicked on the link and saw in fact its in Florida City , which is the last town before passing the RacTrack gas station and starting on the road into the Keys.

I just wanted to mention this least those who dont know the area actually think its located somewhere in Keys and expect to do some shopping while down there.Youd have to stop before or after going to the Keys

I 2nd Sawgrass Outlets and that way no need to stop in FC

Also OP dont go more then 5 mph over the speed limit unless you want to receive a very special gift from Florida if you drive back at night be extra careful I must have passed over 6 cars that were pulled over and getting their special Thanks for visiting the Keys
Old Nov 16, 2012, 5:21 pm

Programs: SEN LH Hyatt Globalist AA EXP
Originally Posted by wendyhamburger
Sawgrass Mills is a great suggestion ^ and don't forget to wear comfortable shoes, it is HUGE.
As an alternative to Sawgrass, consider the Dolphin Mall if you are staying in Miami.
It is just a few miles west of Miami International Airport. It is not as big as Sawgrass, but it is pretty big, and has lots of outlets.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 3:07 pm
me2
Original Poster

thanks for all the info

Mark

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.