Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > South
Reload this Page >

Best hotel in ATL with these features...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2012, 6:57 pm
Original Poster

I am a platinum member at Marriot and Hilton. I have been and will be staying in ATL frequently for the next year. I am looking for the best hotel in those two chains, downtown area (includes mid town) with the best of these features:

1, Free breakfast
2, Executive Lounge
3, Happy hour (free drinks would be great)
3, Good workout room

If you would recommend more than one, please share the order you would recommend them

Thanks
Old Jun 27, 2012, 7:42 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Since there is more than one chain mentioned here but they are not luxury chains, I think you're more likely to get a meaningful answer in the geographic forum that includes Atlanta. So I am going to move this thread to the Southern US forum.

RichardInSF, moderator, luxury hotels
Old Jun 27, 2012, 7:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'm not too impressed by the big chain hotels downtown that cater to big conventions. IIRC there's a nice looking and fairly new Embassy Suites at Olympic Park. It wouldn't have an executive lounge, but would provide breakfast for all and an evening reception during the week. The drinks arrangement is likely to depend on local alcohol laws.

Midtown has another W, but I don't think many other chains are represented.

Buckhead would give you more options and good MARTA connections, but it's far from the downtown area, especially on the highway in rush hour.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

obviously marriott's ritz carlton...

book through virtuoso/ritz carlton STARS travel agent
Old Jun 28, 2012, 1:55 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
The Atlanta Hilton has a nice executive lounge on the 27th floor with great views of the city. Their evening and morning spreads are pretty decent though booze is not free. You can walk to MARTA too which is always a plus.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 9:29 pm
Original Poster

I have been staying at the Ritz, but it isn't as nice as other Ritz locations. Currently I'm at the JW Marriot in Buckhead - so far it has been very nice. The drive into downtown isn't bad before 8AM or back out after 6PM.

Thanks for your ideas!
Old Jul 2, 2012, 6:04 pm

St.Regis Buckhead is the go to option. Its prices are far better than the Ritz, and I think its just as nice, not as homey as the Ritz Buckhead, but it meets most all of your criteria. (Don't know about the free drinks... What is free these days?)
Old Jul 19, 2012, 12:36 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, RC/Marriot Platinum, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum
The JW Buckhead is especially solid if you can swing a Presidential or Terrace Suite.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.