FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   South (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south-454/)
-   -   worst ride at WDW? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south/1157885-worst-ride-wdw.html)

CDTraveler Dec 8, 2010 8:38 pm

worst ride at WDW?

There's loads of threads on the "bests" - perhaps we should also include warnings of the worsts?

For example, today at Animal Kingdom we cut short our time in the Africa section to make sure we had time to ride Dinosaur. What a mistake! Dinosaur is the worst Disney attraction I've ever seen! The pace of the cars and flash style of lighting of the ride make it impossible to see and appreciate the animatronics (if they were worth seeing). You get only glimpses of the dinos, instead of a good look, so the annoying storyline narration really makes no sense. My resident dino expert said the light flashes were too quick for him to see if the narrator correctly identified the various dinos, and it was no fun not getting a good, long look at the creatures.

Also, the family ahead of us insisted on bringing a very young child on the ride despite multiple warnings from staff. I wish the staff had just said "NO!" to this poor little kid, because the kid was terrified by the whole experience and screamed from start to end.

What would you nominate for worst, and why?

Mary2e Dec 9, 2010 10:17 am

Hands down - The Enchanted Tiki room.... I can't stand the song, nor the voices. I've always hated it, even the first time I saw it right after the park opened :D

Orlando Vic Dec 9, 2010 11:10 am

I vote for "it's a small world". I can't stand the song, nor can I get it out of my head after the ride ends. It may be O.K. for small kids, but not for adults, IMO.

Mary2e Dec 9, 2010 11:15 am

The horrors.... I'm dating myself, but I went on that ride as a very young child at the World's Fair in NYC (where Walt tried it out).

It's the last ride I go on before I leave for home, and I throw money in there as well, with a wish that I'll return soon. I even threw money over the construction walls when it was being refurbished :)

The _Banking_Scot Dec 9, 2010 1:00 pm

Hi,

Stitches Great escape for me.

Have not been on Dumbo ,Astro Orbiter , Peter Pan ,Winnie the Pooh ( might try them when I go back to WDW in January for 2 weeks ( running the half marathon)

Regards

TBS

Mary2e Dec 9, 2010 1:19 pm

Yeah, stitch is pretty bad.

The others you mention aren't bad, with Peter Pan being the best. All you list are geared toward very young children, and the worst I can say about them is that they're boring/benign.

But, IMHO, you should try each one once, even those we say are bad. :)

Good luck with the Marathon ^^

robtking Dec 9, 2010 1:23 pm

Carousel of Progress. Hands down. I love Disney and am a proud Cast Member, however that ride needs to be majorly refurbished or shut down soon!

Mary2e Dec 9, 2010 2:04 pm

More horrors and another one from the world's fair that I don't miss when it's open :)

PTravel Dec 9, 2010 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by Mary2e (Post 15414546)
The horrors.... I'm dating myself, but I went on that ride as a very young child at the World's Fair in NYC (where Walt tried it out).

It was at the Pepsi Cola pavilion. I remember it well. While we're on the tangent of 64-65 World's Fair songs, I'll give you two more:

From the GE Pavilion:

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow,
Shining at the end of every day,
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow,
And tomorrow's just a dream away."

But my absolute favorite was from the DuPont Pavilion:

"Better things for better living through chemistry,
That's the promise of DuPont!"

Particularly apt song for the 60s. ;)

Don't ask me why I still remember these songs after all these years. But I most certainly do!

It's the last ride I go on before I leave for home, and I throw money in there as well, with a wish that I'll return soon. I even threw money over the construction walls when it was being refurbished :)
I loved that Fair! My parents use to give me $5 almost every weekend to go the fair. It was $1 for the bus (with a transfer pass for the return), $1 to get in, and $3 for lunch and snacks. What fun it was!

PTravel Dec 9, 2010 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by Mary2e (Post 15415751)
More horrors and another one from the world's fair that I don't miss when it's open :)

Oh my goodness, that's the GE ride! Is WDW where old World's Fair exhibits go to die?

Mary2e Dec 9, 2010 8:58 pm

No, the World's Fair was where Walt tried out his concept for Disney World :D

I was only 5 or 6 for the fair, so my parents had to take me - but I still remember it vividly.

You really need to get yourself to Disney World to get on It's a Small World and Carousel of Progress - you will be brought right back to the World's Fair ^^

Oh, and they're still using that song for the ride. They changed it for a while, and now it's been returned to the original.

CarolDisney1 Dec 9, 2010 9:10 pm

Stich!

Ancien Maestro Dec 9, 2010 9:29 pm

Dumbo is my vote.. not because of the ride.. but because of the seemingly long endless lines to get to a ride that is so simple.. Maybe for a kid, its definitely worth it flying in an elephant to wait.

The _Banking_Scot Dec 10, 2010 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by Mary2e (Post 15415454)

Good luck with the Marathon ^^

Hi,

Thanks for that Mary2e!^ ( looking forward to escaping the Scottish winter!:D)

Regards

TBS

toomanybooks Dec 10, 2010 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by Mary2e (Post 15414157)
Hands down - The Enchanted Tiki room.... I can't stand the song, nor the voices. I've always hated it, even the first time I saw it right after the park opened :D

We call this attraction "The Enchanted Air Conditioned Room." The show is irrelevant.