worst ride at WDW?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2011, 12:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by mktozd
In its day, I would say the "great" movie ride at the studios
Perhaps universe of energy at EPCOT
Haven't you ever ride on body wars before? I haven't gone go to Disney World for a long time and I won't go back to Disney World anymore. Just for the children only.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 6:16 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, TrueBlue
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Ok.. www.themeparkinsider.com conducted a poll.. which for some reason I cannot find now.. but the worst ride voted is Narnia in Hollywood Studios.. Stitches at Magic Kingdom was listed as one of the worst rides, and the Enchanted Tiki Room was the 5th worst ride.
I can second Narnia. My aunt knows a little about Chronicles of Narnia (due to her children and grandchildren) and we went in. It's not even a "ride" - it's basically a movie trailer presented on multiple screens with a few special effects. If you're really into the Chronicles, then I guess it makes sense, but it seems to have been largely put together as an afterthought.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 10:28 am

Programs: United 1K, American EXP & 3 Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist & Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by N830MH
Haven't you ever ride on body wars before? I haven't gone go to Disney World for a long time and I won't go back to Disney World anymore. Just for the children only.
Actually, I really like Disney, a lot of really good rides and attactions. A few weak ones as discussed.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 9:09 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, US Airways, SWA
Journey into Imagination with Figment is a ride. I thought it was going to be about all the senses. It's mostly a sing-along about starting with your senses and then imagining things. It is poor for all ages.

Innoventions West pavilion has an exhibit called Smarter Planet. It's a self serving technology company's view of how to reduce future energy use by having everyone use expensive to produce, expensive to run automation devices. Some may work for the rich, some may not be practical, some already are known to not be practical. Stuff like this is an embarrassment to not just Disney, but the host country.

I was surprised that several rides and attracts at WDW are watered down versions of ones at Disneyland. Splash Mountain is Small World goes to the Briar Patch with a couple short drops in the dark, and a medium drop in daylight. Its cars with side-by-side seating and a lap bar aren't fun like flume rides seating passengers one behind another. Pirates of the Carribean, WDW version, is another one I felt embarrassed about. I watched foreigners getting off with a ho-hum-yeah that was a waste of my life attitude.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 2:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by MinetaFlyer
Journey into Imagination with Figment is a ride. I thought it was going to be about all the senses. It's mostly a sing-along about starting with your senses and then imagining things. It is poor for all ages.

Innoventions West pavilion has an exhibit called Smarter Planet. It's a self serving technology company's view of how to reduce future energy use by having everyone use expensive to produce, expensive to run automation devices. Some may work for the rich, some may not be practical, some already are known to not be practical. Stuff like this is an embarrassment to not just Disney, but the host country.

I was surprised that several rides and attracts at WDW are watered down versions of ones at Disneyland. Splash Mountain is Small World goes to the Briar Patch with a couple short drops in the dark, and a medium drop in daylight. Its cars with side-by-side seating and a lap bar aren't fun like flume rides seating passengers one behind another. Pirates of the Carribean, WDW version, is another one I felt embarrassed about. I watched foreigners getting off with a ho-hum-yeah that was a waste of my life attitude.
It's been awhile since we've hit Disneyland.. SoCal is on our radar for this July.. depending if my wife is comfortable or not.. We are thinking of hitting Mayan Riviera for 2 weeks before hitting the West Coast for 10 days.

I remember that there is a space mountain (riding in 2's, whereas WDW is riding single line fashion), and that there is also a splash mountain. My wife remembers a Pirates of the Carribean, and if I'm not mistaken another Haunted house? Soarin is at California Adventure park (I think this is what its' called).

MCO is unfortunately not a natural stopover so can't use my airline miles to double up on MCO and CUN.. so I think if we do the trip it'll be YYC-CUN, CUN-LAX, LAX-YYC.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 6:48 pm

Programs: UA-GS,1.95MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorer
Never understood the merry-go-round. I mean, you have this....everywhere!! Nothing special about this ride and you can find the same ride......anywhere.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 12:22 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by PDILLM
Never understood the merry-go-round. I mean, you have this....everywhere!! Nothing special about this ride and you can find the same ride......anywhere.
Did I hear right? They are adding another Merry-Go-Round in Magic Kingdom expansion?

I know another Dumbo ride is going in..
Old Jun 29, 2011, 8:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
So I have to step in and defend the honor of Dinosaur (or Countdown to Extinction, as I will always remember it). I think the OP's experience was unfairly colored by the too-young rider in the row in front of them.

For my money, this is one of the best presented Disney attractions ever. The queue is nicely-themed and the pre-show perhaps the best acted and best set-up backstory ever. The loading area is exceptionally well-detailed, and the ride itself is phenomenal especially when you consider the ride vehicles and track are recycled from the Indiana Jones Adventure at Disneyland.

It has action, suspense, humor... what more do you want?!
Decent production quality? Not to see all of the "men behind that curtain" aspects of the ride?

And let me be clear on one point: I can probably tune out crying kids better than anybody else on FT - I spent close to 20 years working in a pediatric hospital, and if crying bothered me, I'd never have gotten any work done. It was the judgement of the park/staff allowing a child that young on the ride that bothered me.

I compare Dino-whatever to the production quality of Disneyland's Haunted House and Pirates, and find it pathetic. I don't want to see the wiring, motors, etc. I want immersion - a ride where I don't see the guts making things happen, and if you are saying that for a ride made from recycled bits it's pretty good, I counter that with I simply don't care, I think for the price Disney charges, they should have done better.

Originally Posted by rmiller774
Enchanted Tiki Room caught on fire a few days ago

Plenty of suspects here.
I was in Pennsylvania that day, and I can prove it.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 8:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PDILLM
Merry-go-rounds are a reminder of the days when riding on a moving contraption was the height of daring-do! They predate cars by at least 15 years.

For some people, like my mother, a merry-go-round was as exciting as she wanted a ride to be. We got her on Space Mountain once (she didn't know what it was until too late) and she didn't forgive us for that for years.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 1:28 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by CDTraveler
Merry-go-rounds are a reminder of the days when riding on a moving contraption was the height of daring-do! They predate cars by at least 15 years.

For some people, like my mother, a merry-go-round was as exciting as she wanted a ride to be. We got her on Space Mountain once (she didn't know what it was until too late) and she didn't forgive us for that for years.
LOL!

Put my 5 year old in it.. and my wife couldn't believe I did that..
Old Oct 27, 2011, 12:50 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Global Entry, United Silver
I actually liked Dinosaur. It's meant to be a thrill ride, not a slow let's-name-the-dinosaurs science lesson. If that's what you're looking for, then Universe of Energy and Jurassic Park at Islands of Adventure are your best bet.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 9:18 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by BharatiyaNari
I actually liked Dinosaur. It's meant to be a thrill ride, not a slow let's-name-the-dinosaurs science lesson. If that's what you're looking for, then Universe of Energy and Jurassic Park at Islands of Adventure are your best bet.
I like Dinosaur in AK as well.. between this, Mount Everest, and Kali River Rapids.. makes my day at AK worth it.. plus the shows in between like Lion King, and Nemo..

Universe of Energy at Epcot starring Ellen is actually one of my favorite sit down and relax rides..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.