Wiki Posts
Search

worst ride at WDW?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2010, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by robtking
Carousel of Progress. Hands down. I love Disney and am a proud Cast Member, however that ride needs to be majorly refurbished or shut down soon!
I LOVE that ride!
Old Dec 10, 2010, 8:42 pm
Original Poster

interesting responses

The responses here have been interesing, but not quite the direction I meant for this thread when I said "worst" - I meant production quality, but others clearly are thinking in terms of "most annoying."

Dinosaur (the ride) was just so poorly done that it really stood out from the Disney norm. The most annoying Disney attraction ever is the criminally altered Tiki Room; which is nothing more than a long wait for a long commercial for Disney movies. The fool that approved the changed should be drawn and quartered! I loved the old Tiki Room.

Small World is great - about once a decade.

Anybody else remember the Disneyland (CA) attraction with the little booths where you learn about inventions coming in the future, like telephones with pictures and other amazing uses of plastic?
Old Dec 11, 2010, 8:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by CDTraveler
The responses here have been interesing, but not quite the direction I meant for this thread when I said "worst" - I meant production quality, but others clearly are thinking in terms of "most annoying."

Dinosaur (the ride) was just so poorly done that it really stood out from the Disney norm. The most annoying Disney attraction ever is the criminally altered Tiki Room; which is nothing more than a long wait for a long commercial for Disney movies. The fool that approved the changed should be drawn and quartered! I loved the old Tiki Room.

Small World is great - about once a decade.

Anybody else remember the Disneyland (CA) attraction with the little booths where you learn about inventions coming in the future, like telephones with pictures and other amazing uses of plastic?
I don't mind small world.. my small kids get a kick out of the ride.. we can do it 5 times on a trip.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by Orlando Vic
I vote for "it's a small world". I can't stand the song, nor can I get it out of my head after the ride ends. It may be O.K. for small kids, but not for adults, IMO.
I agree. And whenever I see a turn coming up ahead I hope and hope it is the end of the ride just to be denied and hear the song start over yet again.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 9:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Skink
I agree. And whenever I see a turn coming up ahead I hope and hope it is the end of the ride just to be denied and hear the song start over yet again.
Funny.. on the last turn, sometimes there's a backlog of boats, then you end up having to hear the song over and over anyways.
Old Jan 17, 2011, 11:36 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, IHG Spire Amb
Originally Posted by Orlando Vic
I vote for "it's a small world". I can't stand the song, nor can I get it out of my head after the ride ends. It may be O.K. for small kids, but not for adults, IMO.
I was there 2 days ago, and agree. I think this ride would be great after dropping acid, or maybe after a good joint (having never tried either). However, sober, I found the endless bright colors and incessant repetition of the theme song painful.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CDTraveler
The most annoying Disney attraction ever is the criminally altered Tiki Room; which is nothing more than a long wait for a long commercial for Disney movies. The fool that approved the changed should be drawn and quartered! I loved the old Tiki Room.
Enchanted Tiki Room caught on fire a few days ago:

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news...nted-Tiki-Room
Old Jan 18, 2011, 9:04 pm
Suspended

Ok.. www.themeparkinsider.com conducted a poll.. which for some reason I cannot find now.. but the worst ride voted is Narnia in Hollywood Studios.. Stitches at Magic Kingdom was listed as one of the worst rides, and the Enchanted Tiki Room was the 5th worst ride.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 9:34 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Is this what you saw: Vote of the week: What is the worst theme park attraction in America?
Old Jan 19, 2011, 10:30 pm

Enchanted Tiki Room caught on fire a few days ago

Plenty of suspects here.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 10:45 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by hhoope01
Yes. This is the one.. I guess the Enchanted Tiki Room moved up to third worst attraction.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 10:46 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by rmiller774
Enchanted Tiki Room caught on fire a few days ago

Plenty of suspects here.
Heard this story.. was it vandalized.

Actually, I thought the Enchanted Tiki Room wasn't bad.. I like it better under new management.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 11:02 pm

Programs: United 1K, American EXP & 3 Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist & Marriott Ambassador Elite
In its day, I would say the "great" movie ride at the studios
Perhaps universe of energy at EPCOT
Old Mar 20, 2011, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by mktozd
In its day, I would say the "great" movie ride at the studios
Perhaps universe of energy at EPCOT
Agree with Universe of Energy. I remember liking the ride when I first rode it 20 years ago. When I rode it last year, the story now seems kind of jumbled and I feel like it was more educational back then.

But the worst ride at Disney is the Backstage Tour at Hollywood Studios. They removed the faux-neighborhood and most of the actual studio portions of the ride. So now you go through Catastrophe Canyon, see a bunch of junky cars strewn about, and hear the sounds of the speedway they built practically on top of the ride. It was pathetic.
Old Mar 21, 2011, 8:48 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
So I have to step in and defend the honor of Dinosaur (or Countdown to Extinction, as I will always remember it). I think the OP's experience was unfairly colored by the too-young rider in the row in front of them.

For my money, this is one of the best presented Disney attractions ever. The queue is nicely-themed and the pre-show perhaps the best acted and best set-up backstory ever. The loading area is exceptionally well-detailed, and the ride itself is phenomenal especially when you consider the ride vehicles and track are recycled from the Indiana Jones Adventure at Disneyland.

It has action, suspense, humor... what more do you want?!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.