Search

$100 Disney gift card + $10 Disney STORE gift card at Sam's Club for $98.87

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2010, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
$100 Disney gift card + $10 Disney STORE gift card at Sam's Club for $98.87

I was in Sam's Club today and noticed for sale a $100 Disney gift card bundled with a $10 Disney STORE gift card for $98.87.

By using the Citi AA Mastercard, which has a 50% bonus offer right now (at least for me), that's pushing a 15% bonus value.

Check the T&Cs.
Old Dec 2, 2010, 11:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Looks good! For Disney who doesn't offer anything much, they are looking for anything and everything to draw customers.. How's their financials lately?
Old Dec 3, 2010, 5:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Forgot to say that Disney gift cards are usable for pretty much anything Disney-related, except buying DVC points. Use them for park tickets, meals, DVC dues, etc.

Edit: More from someone who seems to have done the research (found at http://easternshoremom.com/):

"This is a great deal but here is what you need to know about this offer….

* The 100.00 gift card can be used at Disney stores (at malls) or at Walt Disney World Resort or Disneyland which means the gift card can be used at restaurants, stores, tickets, or resort rooms or vacation packages.
* The free 10.00 bonus card can only be used at Disney Stores (in malls, not at WDW or Disneyland) or at disneyshopping.com. For the Eastern Shore Moms and Mobile Mom’s – we have a Disney Store at Bel Air Mall in Mobile. There are no Disney Stores at WDW or Disneyland – yes, I understand the irony here….
* The Sam’s club circular offers the 100.00 gift card for 98.87 – I did not see any information posted on this in the store.
* There is no tax on gift card sales.
* A Sam’s Club membership is required."

Last edited by toomanybooks; Dec 3, 2010 at 6:16 am
Old Dec 3, 2010, 10:04 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Disney is always careful on offering a deal on a deal on a deal. Many layers can be created.. i.e. Annual Pass, tables at wonderland discount on meals, apply gc certificate bought at a discount.

That's odd that DVC points can't be purchased with the GC..
Old Dec 3, 2010, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
It doesn't seem like such a great deal to me. I did far better when I could buy a gift card at a supermarket giving me double rewards points on my airline credit card.

I bought a lot of gift cards that year

You could do far better by ordering them through an airline portal with a merchant that allows you to buy gift cards and earn points, ie drugstore.com, who pays 10 points per dollar.

Saving me $2 on a gift card, and giving me a fairly useless Disney Store gift card isn't worth the time or effort, IMHO.
Old Dec 3, 2010, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mary2e

You could do far better by ordering them through an airline portal with a merchant that allows you to buy gift cards and earn points, ie drugstore.com, who pays 10 points per dollar.
You are certain this works with Disney gift cards? Absolutely certain? Please provide a link.

I just went to drugstore.com and searched for all items containing "Disney." There are 55, none of them gift cards.

And there are much better deals at supermarkets on gift cards than a couple airline miles per dollar.

Last edited by toomanybooks; Dec 3, 2010 at 9:10 pm
Old Dec 3, 2010, 9:27 pm
Suspended

If the $10 Disney Store gift card works.. especially at an outlet store, it may be worth it.. who's to say that you can't buy these Sam's certs on cc's that offer double miles? I don't live in the states, but I imagine that you can pay with most major cc's.
Old Dec 3, 2010, 9:33 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I haven't done it in over a year, so perhaps the inventory has changed. I think I also had a targeted offer, so I also got a bonus.

There are other merchants that may also offer the cards. I haven't looked in a while, but I will as soon as I get a chance.

My point is that a $2 discount isn't even worth the time or trouble IMHO.

Last edited by Mary2e; Dec 3, 2010 at 9:45 pm
Old Dec 3, 2010, 9:37 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Also, I missed it when you said you're getting an AAbonus. Get a net 15%, then yes, it's a good deal. It's also a good deal if you have a Disney card AND have a targeted bonus offer from them.

Last edited by Mary2e; Dec 3, 2010 at 9:46 pm
Old Dec 3, 2010, 9:38 pm

duplicate

Old Dec 3, 2010, 9:38 pm

duplicate

Old Dec 4, 2010, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
If the $10 Disney Store gift card works.. especially at an outlet store, it may be worth it.. who's to say that you can't buy these Sam's certs on cc's that offer double miles? I don't live in the states, but I imagine that you can pay with most major cc's.
Sam's Club accepts Discover and Mastercard.

As for not living in the States to take advantage, what you need to do is find a friendly American who shops there, maybe a member of Flyertalk, and see if he will get them for you at cost.
Old Dec 4, 2010, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mary2e

Also, I missed it when you said you're getting an AAbonus. Get a net 15%, then yes, it's a good deal. It's also a good deal if you have a Disney card AND have a targeted bonus offer from them.
And a good deal when you have a large number of DVC points and have to pay the annual dues anyway.
Old Dec 4, 2010, 1:46 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Sam's Club accepts Discover and Mastercard.

As for not living in the States to take advantage, what you need to do is find a friendly American who shops there, maybe a member of Flyertalk, and see if he will get them for you at cost.
A number of chains just take Mastercard i.e. Tim Hortons, No Frills.. but not Visa.. Wish they would take Visa.. But, if I do end up getting AMEX Plat, then I hope they'll take AMEX as well.

I've got a no fee AMEX from Costco, but I prefer using Visa where I can for my points.
Old Dec 4, 2010, 1:47 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
And a good deal when you have a large number of DVC points and have to pay the annual dues anyway.
Can you pay DVC annual dues on Visa?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.