Wiki Posts
Search

5 hours layover at MIA and need place to work

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2010, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, Emerald Club
Question 5 hours layover at MIA and need place to work

I have a 5+ hour layover in MIA on Sunday and I need a place to work comfortably on my laptop. I have corporate iPass (allows me to connect to airport WiFi), but I will likely need a space to work for several hours before my flight to GRU.

I'm thinking about getting an Admiral's Club 1-day pass, but $50 seems pretty steep to me (I'm cheap - or frugile, if you prefer ). Is there a hotel attached to the airport with a decent lobby or a nice restaurant where I could work for a few hours? Suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
Old Nov 12, 2010, 11:21 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Moving thread to Florida Forum.
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Nov 12, 2010, 1:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by sydnerd
I have a 5+ hour layover in MIA on Sunday and I need a place to work comfortably on my laptop. I have corporate iPass (allows me to connect to airport WiFi), but I will likely need a space to work for several hours before my flight to GRU.

I'm thinking about getting an Admiral's Club 1-day pass, but $50 seems pretty steep to me (I'm cheap - or frugile, if you prefer ). Is there a hotel attached to the airport with a decent lobby or a nice restaurant where I could work for a few hours? Suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
If you don't want to buy the AC pass, there are a bunch of seats landside between Concourse F and J, which generally are fairly quite. But of course you will need to deal with re-entering Security. If AA is not actively using Concourse E that day you might find some quite areas there. Concourse D while brand new tends to be loud and crowded.

I'd go with the AC and you will also have an opportunity to shower and change and have a few drinks, which rail drinks are complimentary now.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
Miami Hotel is in Terminal E

The airport has a good website with info

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.