Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > South
Reload this Page >

Buford, GA (Atlanta area) Sunday brunch restaurant recommendations

Old Feb 16, 2010, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Top Tiers for 2013 AA, MR, PC Thanks FT!

My daughter is getting married in Buford, GA Easter weekend (April 3-4). Does anyone have any recommendations for a restaurant that serves Sunday brunch that is nice but not out-of-this-world pricey? Just checked the Chateau Elan but for Easter Sunday their price goes to $55/pp. Too much to treat a crowd. Doesn't have to be in Buford - but somewhere in the locality would be nice.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by dalm
My daughter is getting married in Buford, GA Easter weekend (April 3-4). Does anyone have any recommendations for a restaurant that serves Sunday brunch that is nice but not out-of-this-world pricey? Just checked the Chateau Elan but for Easter Sunday their price goes to $55/pp. Too much to treat a crowd. Doesn't have to be in Buford - but somewhere in the locality would be nice.
I'm not in the area, but whenever I'm looking for this type of thing I turn to Yelp. A few options turned up on my search that might be worth consideration:

http://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc...c=buford%2C+ga
Old Feb 16, 2010, 5:28 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, milepig. I never heard of yelp but, you're right....they're just what I need. ^
Old Feb 21, 2010, 1:32 am

Programs: Bowling Team Capt.
I would check out Lake Lanier Islands Resort. The Hotel used to have a really nice Brunch Buffet. Not sure if they still do or not.

Ten or so miles south is the Marriott at Gwinnett Place

Other than the Resorts at the lake and the Mall of Georgia, there is not a hell of a lot in Buford.
Old Feb 21, 2010, 11:23 am

There is a whole lot more than there used to be.

Any kind of food you are looking for? I'll ask my BF if he can think of anywhere since he grew up in the area. we live ITP inside the city but still go up that way to visit family regularly.

Can it be just a restaurant or are you looking for a banquet type place? How many people? There are some cute places in the proper town of Buford, I'll have to ask him about some names.
Old Feb 21, 2010, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestions. I called the Lake Lanier Islands Resort but they don't know what their pricing will be yet for Easter brunch.
From Yelp I found the Park Cafe in Duluth (which looks very nice...has anyone eaten there?) but same problem regarding pricing.
I'd like something nice and want to keep it below $20pp, if possible. We'll probably have a group of around 50.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 12:33 pm

Programs: DL, UA, HH, SPG
If you would consider Gainesville, there is a nice fine dining option on the downtown square that may fit your needs: Scott's on the Square. (Full disclosure: I am married to the owner's stepson.) They have an annual Easter buffet that includes an omelet station, prime rib and ham at the carving station, seafood options, french toast, fruit, etc. I think last year's price was $27 or so per adult.

They haven't posted this year's menu or pricing on the website yet, but if you have any questions, PM me and I would be glad to put you in touch with Scott.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestion. I think Gainesville is just a little too far in the wrong direction, being that the groom's family lives near Snellville. I was trying to keep things easily accessible for them, as well.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.