Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buenos Aires and Machu Picchu

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2009, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Buenos Aires and Machu Picchu

I'm thinking of visiting BA and MP next March, but don't know which to visit first. Any recommendations?

Also, I have mild asthma. Is it a good idea to trek up MP where the air is thin?
Old Jul 7, 2009, 11:00 pm

Programs: QFF Gold, Velocity + Miles & More
Originally Posted by Noveluver
I'm thinking of visiting BA and MP next March, but don't know which to visit first. Any recommendations?

Also, I have mild asthma. Is it a good idea to trek up MP where the air is thin?
Both are fantastic destinations. Take on MP first. As for your asthma you should be fine. I travelled there with a good friend who has asthma and he was fine. But be prepared for the thin air. You certainly feel the difference and you will be light headed and find it hard to breath when you first get there.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 11:17 pm

Programs: AA PLT / 2MM
Originally Posted by hobarthoney
Both are fantastic destinations. Take on MP first. As for your asthma you should be fine. I travelled there with a good friend who has asthma and he was fine. But be prepared for the thin air. You certainly feel the difference and you will be light headed and find it hard to breath when you first get there.
To clarify, MP isn't the problem -- it's Cusco that is. Cusco is 1.5x higher than MP. You go to Cusco first, and descend down to MP.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 11:19 pm

Programs: Global Entry, UA, AA, BA, DL, Bonvoy
Welcome to FlyerTalk.

I've read some good threads on both BA and MP here on FT in the past. Some posts I've seen indicate that the forum search function is a bit dodgy. Here's a chance to try it out and post your impressions as a newcomer to help our wonderful FT community.
Old Jul 9, 2009, 1:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
Originally Posted by hobarthoney
I agree, take on MP first. My mum who has asthma has been to MP and Cuzco and she was fine of course YMMV.
Old Jul 11, 2009, 4:29 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Wirelessly posted (Nokia N97: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D050; Blazer/4.3) 16;320x448)

Very different destinations... both are great. Your condition will not be an issue in EZE as we are at Sea Level.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.