Search

Hotels in Galapagos

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2005, 11:20 am
prh
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum Plus; One World Emerald
Hotels in Galapagos

I cruised the Galapagos Islands about 20 years ago aboard the Santa Cruz and was not very happy. Small ships are not an option -- they make my wife nervous. In any event, we're going to Galapagos in about 10 months and are considering staying at a hotel and taking a couple of day trips to other islands. Two hotels seem to fit our needs: the Finch Bay and the Royal Palm. The Finch Bay seems more casual, is on the beach and has just been renovated. The Royal Palm is much more luxurious -- and much more expensive. Any pearls of wisdom about these choices?
Old Sep 5, 2015, 7:16 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plat, United 1k, Hilton Gold, Budget Slowbreak. Hertz 5 Star
Any recent visits to the Finch Bay? Heading there next March. Would also welcome general suggestions for the Galapagos.
Old Sep 6, 2015, 7:18 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Was there last year. Amazing. Best piece of advice I can give is book your trip to the Galapagos once you are in Ecuador. I was travelling solo and booked day trips each day to different islands. Some islands I spent in Air Bnb places so I spent a few days there. Went on a guided fishing tour one day - amazing! Went snorkeling, etc. It depends on what you like. Flexibility is the key for doing it this way.
Old Nov 4, 2015, 2:09 pm

Programs: United 1K; 1.66MM
We are going in two weeks and will be staying at Hotel Fernandina, Baltra. We will stay/sleep in the hotel every night and visit different island every day (all-inclusive, transports and meals), rather than stay/sleep on a cruise and visit islands.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.