Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > South America
Reload this Page >

Recommendations for Places in South America (Besides Brazil)

Old Sep 9, 2022, 10:54 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Having been to Brazil for the World Cup and Olympics, I am curious about where else to go in South America. I'd love to places that are really great for views and picture taking.

I am definitely going to Buenos Aires in Argentina (more for trying their steak to compare to Brazil as Buenos Aires doesn't seem to have many interesting views or a special skyline), but besides there any thoughts/recommendations ideas for Columbia and Chile?

Regarding Columbia, I know there is Cartagena, Bogota, and Medellin. Also, besides the comparisons amongst those 3 cities any other places in Columbia for recommendation?

About Chile, I am curious if any beaches rival the coastline of Brazil. I always love the Pacific Ocean out here in Southern California and I'd like to know of any other great beaches and amazing sunsets along the West Side of South America. Also, is Santiago worth going to or is someone else better?

Any thoughts on Uruguay for those who have went? I hear their steak is just as good as in Brazil and Argentina. Wondering if Montevideo is worth going to.

I know everyone is into Peru for Machu Picchu but I am not really into going there. I'd probably be more interested in Patagonia/Glaciers in Argentina.

Finally, I am open minded to any other spots around South America besides Brazil as I have been there twice already.

Last edited by pjuice87; Sep 9, 2022 at 11:35 pm
Old Sep 10, 2022, 7:51 pm

Just spent 7 months in South America

Husband and I went full nomad end of February this year.. Feet on the ground in Buenos Aires 1st. There for 4.5 months. We went to Montevideo, Salta and Jujuy region. Iguazu Falls. Then next stop Peru. Arequipa for almost 2 weeks. Went to Colca Canyon. Then, Sacred Valley and Machu Pichu for a week +. Then to Cartegna Colombia for 3 weeks ( beach bums). Then to Quito for a week, and off to the Galapagos.

Back in the states for a short stint to re-supply, say "Hi" to the kids, and off to parts unknown in a month.

Ask me any question. I have an insta page with pics of everywhere. Private, but if you request, I'll accept. @travelingstanleys
Old Sep 27, 2022, 11:38 am

Programs: AS; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Gold; NEXUS
We are in San Pedro de Atacama right now and having a great time. If you are into outdoorsy activities like hiking, horseback riding, etc - this is a great place to do those things. Would highly recommend.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.