Wiki Posts
Search

DBT therapy services I can use in Ecuador

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2022, 1:19 am
Original Poster

DBT therapy services I can use in Ecuador

Hey people,

I am spending the summer in Cuenca, and unfortunately my therapist in NYC can't practice there. Maybe he'd never get caught as we meet over video chat, but I wouldn't risk his license.

I'm curious if anyone can recommend a good online therapy service that specializes in DBT (specific type of therapy for those who don't know). I know there are all these "text a therapist" apps but, to be honest, my mental health needs are beyond that.

My Spanish is basically useful for getting around town at this point, so I admit it would have to be in English. I preference something online because I don't see myself being in Ecuador super long term; I usually visit my friends there a few times a year but wanted to try a whole summer and explore more.

Thanks If there's a better spot for this post, I would greatly appreciate if mods could move it.
Old May 21, 2022, 1:16 pm

Programs: IB , BA , AA , LATAM
I would keep using your therapist in NYC. You are in Ecuador, he is in USA - Why would he have problems with his license if he already treats you ? If he is still in the USA when he talks to you that is the jurisdiction of the therapy session.

My wife is an Argentine qualified and Argentine-based therapist. She works with some people online but always encourages them to keep using their traditional therapist.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.