Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > South America
Reload this Page >

Current travel situation to Chile

Current travel situation to Chile

Old Sep 22, 22, 5:46 pm

As this is Chile, carry all jab records with you.
Annerk likes this.
Old Sep 27, 22, 8:28 am

Programs: united
For foreign tourists to chile, it looks like now you just need a vaccine card and your passport.... does fully vaccinated require a booster also?
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Sep 27, 22, 11:36 am

Programs: AS MVP; HHonors Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; NEXUS
Originally Posted by Brianguy11 View Post
For foreign tourists to chile, it looks like now you just need a vaccine card and your passport.... does fully vaccinated require a booster also?
Do you mean the bivalent booster or just the third jab? They let us in with 3 (well, we have 4, but the woman at Los Libertadores didn't bother to flip my vaccine card to see the fourth dose). I think 2 would be just fine as well.

Like I said, SCL didn't give a rat's behind. Nobody (PDI or the Salud workers) asked to see our card or verify anything. Same with LATAM in LAX.
Old Sep 28, 22, 2:32 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by Brianguy11 View Post
THIS is the critical question.

As per https://www.chile.travel/en/traveltochileplan/ it looks like that you have to be vaccinated according to the "the vaccination schedule for your country". Does not specify of residence, citizenship or origin. Leaves a lot of space for interpretation. For example healthy under 65's are NOT eligible for a second booster in Switzerland.

In case of doubt, I would get a PCR test before departure, but this does not solve the matter of Rapa Nui if one plans to go there.
Old Sep 28, 22, 5:26 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Email Just Received from US State Dept (US Embassy Santiago) for US Citizens

Event: On October 1, 2022, the Government of Chile will change the COVID related entry and exit requirements for Chile.

The main changes include:

Chilean travel restrictions have been lifted.

U.S. Citizens can enter Chile with government-issued identification and a vaccination certificate issued by the country in which they were vaccinated.

Unvaccinated travelers must present a negative PCR test taken within a maximum of 48 hours at their last point of departure prior to their arrival in Chile.

Only Chilean nationals (including dual nationals) returning from abroad will be randomly tested at the airport upon arrival.

Proof of Health Insurance is no longer required. However, it is recommended to travel with health insurance that has coverage for SARS CoV 2 (COVID19). Please keep in mind that Medicare will not provide medical coverage in Chile.

Masks are no longer required, except inside medical facilities (clinics, hospitals, laboratories, etc.).
behuman likes this.
Old Yesterday, 4:29 am

Originally Posted by Flying Machine View Post
Event: On October 1, 2022, the Government of Chile will change the COVID related entry and exit requirements for Chile.

The main changes include:

Chilean travel restrictions have been lifted.

U.S. Citizens can enter Chile with government-issued identification and a vaccination certificate issued by the country in which they were vaccinated.

Unvaccinated travelers must present a negative PCR test taken within a maximum of 48 hours at their last point of departure prior to their arrival in Chile.

Only Chilean nationals (including dual nationals) returning from abroad will be randomly tested at the airport upon arrival.

Proof of Health Insurance is no longer required. However, it is recommended to travel with health insurance that has coverage for SARS CoV 2 (COVID19). Please keep in mind that Medicare will not provide medical coverage in Chile.

Masks are no longer required, except inside medical facilities (clinics, hospitals, laboratories, etc.).
is the online entry declaration still required?
Timatic says yes, yet the website appears inoperable.
Old Yesterday, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by zig666 View Post
is the online entry declaration still required?
Timatic says yes, yet the website appears inoperable.
I just checked TImatic and it says nothing about the c19 declaration which went away over a month ago.
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Today, 2:18 am

United Timatic still lists it, but looks like the fixed the website. Am I confusing two different things?

Warning: Passengers must have: - a COVID-19 vaccination certificate showing that they were fully vaccinated; or - a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken at most 48 hours before boarding of the last direct flight to Chile. This does not apply to passengers younger than 18 years. A completed "SAG Affidavit" must be presented upon arrival. The form can be submitted online before departure at www.sagingresoachile.cl. This does not apply to passengers younger than 18 years.
Old Today, 2:25 am

i think I assumed both where the same as neither did work yesterday.
Old Today, 3:55 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
no panic

Originally Posted by zig666 View Post
United Timatic still lists it, but looks like the fixed the website. Am I confusing two different things?
SAG Affidavi
The SAG affidavit had always to be filled in before passing customs, it is from the Servicio Agricola y Ganadero (SAG) . Nothing to do with the Covid drama. Airlines should hand it out before arrival.

Search this Thread