Current travel situation to Chile

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Current travel situation to Chile

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2022, 11:34 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
What is not clear is just where to go for the Pase de Movilidad. .
From my understanding you get the paso de movilidad when your vaccines are validated on https://mevacuno.gob.cl/. I actually donwloaded it there and there is also the option to add a booster (otherwise your paso de moviidad wil be only 30 days validity).

I then checked my paso de movilidad on https://scanmevacuno.gob.cl/ and it shows "not enabled". This mention should automatically disappear once the result of the arrival PCR test is in the system.

Sorry that you had your evening spoiled waiting for this and enjoy Santiago. Possibly you went at the right time as I am feeling that Chile will close its borders again very very soon
Old Jan 1, 2022, 6:09 pm

What do you mean by "I was trying to verify everything on my phone, and accidentally deleted the data with the QR code, had to reupload this and get the thing printed in the lounge. (It generated a new QR code)."

I also accidentally deleted the data, but printed out the QR code before deleting and resetting. It is now making me re-verify identity and vaccinations.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 11:27 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by behuman
From my understanding you get the paso de movilidad when your vaccines are validated on https://mevacuno.gob.cl/. I actually donwloaded it there and there is also the option to add a booster (otherwise your paso de moviidad wil be only 30 days validity).

I then checked my paso de movilidad on https://scanmevacuno.gob.cl/ and it shows "not enabled". This mention should automatically disappear once the result of the arrival PCR test is in the system.

Sorry that you had your evening spoiled waiting for this and enjoy Santiago. Possibly you went at the right time as I am feeling that Chile will close its borders again very very soon
Does anyone know how the 30 day time limit for those without Boosters work? My wife and I verified our vaccines in early December. We are going to Chile in mid-January. Of course that is more than 30 days from the date of vaccination validation.

Does the 30 day validity of the Mobility Pass run from the date you got your vaccines validated or 30 days from entering the country?

Thanks in advance, however, there is very little information available on this from official sources that I can see.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 5:22 pm

Programs: BAEC
Current travel to Chile is not for the impatient nor for the technology-impaired.

My current experience is as follows:

One of our vaccine approvals came in approx. 9 days. The other took 3 weeks only to get rejected due to illegibility or similar. After reuploading everything, that approval came within 24 hours.

Upload of insurance and negative PCR - no problems. Received QR codes. During our LAX connection, I was trying to verify everything on my phone, and accidentally deleted the data with the QR code, had to reupload this and get the thing printed in the lounge. (It generated a new QR code). Be careful that your finger doesn’t go near that red button.

LAX check in was ok (we were on a connection, but BP issuance is inhibited until docs are reviewed by a live agent.

SCL arrival - we arrived in the old part of the airport, which meant we were crammed in a crowded bus to get to the other side. If there was a superspreader on this trip, that was the opportunity. Then came the long walk with not horrible wait times first for another arrival doc check, getting a sticker you must wear through the airport, and then going to the PCR testing area. Then came immigration (not a terrible wait) and then at least there was no wait for the luggage. Then the SAG/Customs line and the dogs were out in full force. As has always been the case, anyone who tries to bring in a prohibited item is a fool. Also, no more paper declaration forms on the plane so there’s a QR code in the airport, or paper forms in the airport.

Gate arrival to taxi approximately 2 hours.

What is not clear is just where to go for the Pase de Movilidad. There are so many websites one needs to get everything done, including the PCR testing website to see results. For an 8am test, we got results sometime during the night and were good to go the next morning. I wasn’t sure that we saved the proper QR code for the pase, so we tested it by going up to the food court at the mall.

Practice points - make sure you have working data on your phone. Don’t rely on wifi. You will likely be confronted with QR codes for every menu. You will need to show your QR code for every indoor dining experience. You will have to wait to enter some stores, as capacity controls are pretty strict. Mask compliance is very high, including walking outside. You will not see anyone throwing a non-compliance tantrum.

Glad I’m here? You bet. Would I recommend this for a first timer? If any of the above will annoy you, don’t come.

Added bonus - Peso Chileno is near a historical low, so things are quite affordable. Other added bonus, my bowl of fresh cherries each morning with breakfast. I could go on, but that would be for another post.
Can you not just take the printed PDF of your mobility pass and use that? Or does it actually have to be on the App?
Old Jan 2, 2022, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by flieduk
Can you not just take the printed PDF of your mobility pass and use that? Or does it actually have to be on the App?
I would expect that you can. But you aren't getting the pass until the negative test result and a printer may not be very convenient.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 4:03 am

Entry to Chile and Pase de Movilidad

I landed at SCL on 28 December at 0950. Deplaning to taxi was aprox 1h45min. They checked the insurance docs pretty thoroughly for the min medical coverage for covid.

Results from PCR came back by 1730, and Pase de Movilidad was enabled pretty much immediately, so was able to enjoy the hotel pool for a bit and dinner at Mestizo (highly recommend).

You can take a screenshot of the Pase de Movilidad QR code on your phone (or carry a printed version) as it’s the same code throughout and doesn’t change. You only need it for indoor dining as it won’t be requested to sit at outdoor terraces.

Hope the above is helpful and safe travels to everyone.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 11:31 am

Traveling ORD-SCL-MDZ

I’m traveling from ORD to SCL to MDZ later this month. I’m scheduled to arrive 8:50a in SCL from my United flight, then change airlines to fly SCL-MDZ at 3:55p. While I’ll have plenty of time for my layover, I’m curious what I should expect when arriving in SCL and trying to decide whether to check my bag or not. Ideally I carry it on, but I’m traveling for 14 days and might not be able to fit it all in my carry on.
  • Will I need to complete Chile’s entry requirements (mobility pass, travel insurance, affidavit, PCR on arrival)?
    • Does this change at all if I check my bag?
Old Jan 3, 2022, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ktmay
I’m traveling from ORD to SCL to MDZ later this month. I’m scheduled to arrive 8:50a in SCL from my United flight, then change airlines to fly SCL-MDZ at 3:55p. While I’ll have plenty of time for my layover, I’m curious what I should expect when arriving in SCL and trying to decide whether to check my bag or not. Ideally I carry it on, but I’m traveling for 14 days and might not be able to fit it all in my carry on.
  • Will I need to complete Chile’s entry requirements (mobility pass, travel insurance, affidavit, PCR on arrival)?
    • Does this change at all if I check my bag?
If your bag is checked through (or you have no checked luggage) you can bypass all entry formalities. If you have to get your bag and recheck, you can plan on no less than half a day for coming into Chile and then leaving the country.

You can also plan on whatever airline you might be flying SCL/MDZ will have a very restrictive carry on policy, and if you are doing the same on the return, your larger and or overweight bag will be pulled @ MDZ.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 3:15 pm

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
Just did the Chile entry and vaccine uploads. Actually was not as bad as I thought it would be. not any more difficult than my Hungary/Germany/Czech stuff last month.
now waiting. Also on a Silversea Antarctica cruise in Feb
Old Jan 5, 2022, 4:41 pm

Just another data point in case it's helpful to people. Uploaded our documents to mevacuno.cl on Dec 30, received approvals with QR code on Jan 4, so only 5 days, and that's with New Year and a weekend in between. (I included our booster shots since it was easy to do so; although current regulations don't distinguish, you never know if the rules might change.) I'm guessing that cancellations of travel plans are greatly exceeding new bookings at this moment ... was able to rebook our hotels for lower rates. Now, just crossing my fingers that we can actually pull this off.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 6:35 am

Programs: AC, AS, BA Silver/OW Sapphire, DL, SQ/*A Silver, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
DP here: WOW, amazed by the Chileans, how quickly got identity and vaccinations validated (QR) within 24 hours! Uploaded 6th, got it yesterday, the 7th, well done, exceeded expectations! Now, just hoping case numbers/ regulations not change adversely...
Old Jan 8, 2022, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Doors Closing
DP here: WOW, amazed by the Chileans, how quickly got identity and vaccinations validated (QR) within 24 hours! Uploaded 6th, got it yesterday, the 7th, well done, exceeded expectations! Now, just hoping case numbers/ regulations not change adversely...
Looks like the holiday travel rush is over!
Old Jan 9, 2022, 8:59 am

Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Looks like the holiday travel rush is over!
Anybody has any insight if Chile may close its borders again with the Omicron in Argentina going crazy ?
Old Jan 9, 2022, 12:57 pm

Programs: On the way to lowly LATAM Gold, AA, MiClub Lider
Originally Posted by behuman
Anybody has any insight if Chile may close its borders again with the Omicron in Argentina going crazy ?
All I can say is that the past two days have seen spiking case numbers that haven't been seen since July. And coincidentally, the high traffic border crossing between Mendoza and Santiago was just opened on the 4th. Chile health authorities also seem to be demanding longer quarantines at their controlled 3 and 4 star hotels for Omicron vs. other strains.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by Viajero Perpetuo
All I can say is that the past two days have seen spiking case numbers that haven't been seen since July. And coincidentally, the high traffic border crossing between Mendoza and Santiago was just opened on the 4th. Chile health authorities also seem to be demanding longer quarantines at their controlled 3 and 4 star hotels for Omicron vs. other strains.
Sure a mistake to open the land borders. This said, everybody will get Omicron, EVERYBODY.
cheltzel likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.