Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2020, 8:18 pm
Original Poster

Dual National - Changing passports

Hi,
Dual citizien
Passport 1 - part of visa waiver program for US entry
Passport 2 - not part of visa waiver program

Currently in Colombia - Arrived in February, entered on passport 2. Have now overstayed due to covid, not a big issue down here, most they will do is give a fine when i fly.
Want to fly into the US next week, obviously need to fly using Passport 1.
Am concerned if when I go to check in, if i show passport 1, they wont find an entry stamp, if I show passport 2, they obviously wont let me check in, as I dont have the right to enter the US

will need to show passport 2 at immigration to be allowed to stamp out of the country. would prefer to avoid showing both passports simultaneously at immigration. dont care if american airlines knows I have 2 passports.

Anyone have experience with a situation like this?
If I am just going to end up with problems, then I can book a flight to panama, fly there on passport 2, I am allowed to enter panama, but when I land, just enter on passport 1 and then fly on a separate ticket to the US. Obviously this will add substantial cost, extra leg and travel time to the trip.

Would appreciate any thoughts on what to do when leaving colombia

thank you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.