Search

Lima Airport

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2019, 3:36 am
Original Poster

Lima Airport

Hi everyone,

Seeing some advice here!

I’m arriving into Lima from Cusco with LATAM (Peru) at 21.43. I’m then looking to book the 09.23 departure to Sanitago with LATAM (Chile) business. Has anyone been in the LATAM lounge before? Any places to sleep? These will be different tickets, first being cash second being award. Alternatively there is a economy / premium economy only flight leaving just after midnight.

What would you do?
Old Nov 1, 2019, 4:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beechbum58
Seeing some advice here!

I’m arriving into Lima from Cusco with LATAM (Peru) at 21.43. I’m then looking to book the 09.23 departure to Sanitago with LATAM (Chile) business. Has anyone been in the LATAM lounge before? Any places to sleep? These will be different tickets, first being cash second being award. Alternatively there is a economy / premium economy only flight leaving just after midnight.

What would you do?
On separate tickets if you have checked bags you may be required to process immigration, pick up bags, customs and then go land side to check-in/bag drop for the next flight.

Bag interlining issues and OW policy changes (Combined threads)

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lata...icy-latam.html
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lata...arate-tix.html
Old Nov 1, 2019, 6:53 am
Community Director Emerita

There is a Wyndham Hotel at the terminal. I'm told it is very comfortable - and it is quite expensive.

https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/wyndha...rport/overview
Old Nov 1, 2019, 7:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
On separate tickets if you have checked bags you may be required to process immigration, pick up bags, customs and then go land side to check-in/bag drop for the next flight.
Surprised that I overlooked this to begin with. No problem collecting luggage and doing check in again, but now that a) wouldn't be able to check in for a few hours b) no LATAM lounge in Lima. Much better off booking Premium Economy for the midnight and using Lounge Club for lounge access.

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
There is a Wyndham Hotel at the terminal. I'm told it is very comfortable - and it is quite expensive.
I was looking at this hotel for after my long flight from Gatwick to Lima. Will be flying straight to Cusco the following day. Expensive for Peru!
Old Nov 21, 2019, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by beechbum58
... I was looking at this hotel for after my long flight from Gatwick to Lima. Will be flying straight to Cusco the following day. Expensive for Peru!
I was in the same situation in late 2017. Decided that a good night's sleep, at any price, was worth it before going up to 11,000 feet (about 3,300m) and then some serious hiking a couple of days after. Never regretted the cost. YOLO.
sushanna1 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.