Lima Late Arrival

Old Sep 12, 19, 12:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, IC Royal Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Lima Late Arrival

Arriving into LIM close to midnight, staying in Miraflores. Some friends recommended Airport Bus as safest and most efficient. But I see the last one leaves at midnight, so unlikely to catch it. Any recommendations on how to get to destination at that time? Are taxis relatively safe in Lima? Prearranged transport?
Thanks in advance!
Old Sep 12, 19, 5:15 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Aeroplan, Flying Blue
As you exit the baggage area and Customs, you'll see several taxi stands. The "Remisse" services are the most secure, and the most expensive. Unfortunately I now forget what the fares are from Callao (the district where the airport is located) to Miraflores, but I'm guessing it will be at least US$40, maybe $50? Perhaps another poster can help with that question.

There is also a stand for Taxi Green, which costs much less and gets you a less luxurious ride, but is still quite secure.

I do not recommend taking street cabs from Callao to Miraflores, or Uber for that matter, especially if you don't know Lima well and/or don't speak Spanish. Callao is not a safe district and tourists are targeted by thieves, especially at night.

Enjoy Lima, despite the security issues it's a wonderful city in many ways.
Old Sep 13, 19, 8:30 pm

Programs: AA Gold, DL Silver, IHG Spire, MR Gold
I have always arrive late in lima and go to Miraflores, I get a tax from the tax stand, no issues,

Search this Thread