FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   South America (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south-america-483/)
-   -   Tight international to international transfer @ SCL, advice needed (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south-america/1985752-tight-international-international-transfer-scl-advice-needed.html)

allset2travel Sep 3, 2019 10:06 am

Tight international to international transfer @ SCL, advice needed

I searched the subject and found the latest thread is about 3 years old.

I am arriving on AA in the afternoon at 13:25. Connecting to LA for BOG at 15:06. Based on current (2019) conditions at SCL. Should I expect any problems (assuming my AA flight on time)? Please explain the process and time needed. Been a few years since I was in SCL, for AA EXP, which lounge is considered best (assuming I had time for that)?

Thank you in advance

malagajohn Sep 3, 2019 10:18 am

AA or AR?

allset2travel Sep 3, 2019 11:21 am

Originally Posted by malagajohn (Post 31485976)
AA or AR?

AA (American Airlines)

malagajohn Sep 3, 2019 11:47 am

Is this operated by AA or a code share? I thought all AA arrivals were early morning.

Eastbay1K Sep 3, 2019 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by allset2travel (Post 31485936)
I searched the subject and found the latest thread is about 3 years old.

I am arriving on AA in the afternoon at 13:25. Connecting to LA for BOG at 15:06. Based on current (2019) conditions at SCL. Should I expect any problems (assuming my AA flight on time)? Please explain the process and time needed. Been a few years since I was in SCL, for AA EXP, which lounge is considered best (assuming I had time for that)?

Thank you in advance

If you are on one ticket and/or otherwise have your bags checked through or no checked luggage, you simply have to go through transit security and should be in good shape. If you have to claim your luggage, you'll need to 'enter Chile,' claim your luggage, customs/SAG inspection, go back upstairs, re-check your luggage, 'exit Chile,' and head to the gate. The best OW lounge is the LATAM lounge, which is difficult to locate for the uninitiated or those not using the LATAM Preferente Check-In.

allset2travel Sep 3, 2019 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K (Post 31487253)
If you are on one ticket and/or otherwise have your bags checked through or no checked luggage, you simply have to go through transit security and should be in good shape. If you have to claim your luggage, you'll need to 'enter Chile,' claim your luggage, customs/SAG inspection, go back upstairs, re-check your luggage, 'exit Chile,' and head to the gate. The best OW lounge is the LATAM lounge, which is difficult to locate for the uninitiated or those not using the LATAM Preferente Check-In.

All on 1 PNR and luggage would be checked through. So I should be in good shape.
Thanks!
Kudos for the heads up re LATAM lounge. If I running behind, I could simply skip it!