Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > South America
Reload this Page >

Best flight from YVR to South America?

Old May 5, 19, 8:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: *G, ST E+, OZ Diamond, DL GM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold

I have never been to South America before. I only have a week for this trip. I've looked at a lot of flights and they all seem to take a long time with multiple connections. I don't have a specific place in mind. I kind of want to go where the price and flight will take me. As for dates, once I have a flight and destination in mind, then I'm going to ask my boss for time off. Any suggestions?
Old May 5, 19, 9:29 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Santiago or Buenos Aires via YYZ? Rio via IAH on UA? Or take a look at Google Flights and see what pops up?
lsquare likes this.
Old May 5, 19, 9:33 pm

YVR-LIM is usually about $1600 in J. On UA.
There's a CM/UA fare that's just under $1500.
lsquare likes this.
Old May 5, 19, 10:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jebby_ca View Post
Santiago or Buenos Aires via YYZ? Rio via IAH on UA? Or take a look at Google Flights and see what pops up?
Or GRU via YYZ. Mind you given the current politics we won't go to Brazil any time soon, no matter how strong our links are.
Old May 5, 19, 10:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend and Moderator: Air Canada Aeroplan & Manufactured Spending

As this doesn't seem an Air Canada specific query it's been relocated to the FT South America destination forum for further input.

tcook052
Air Canada forum moderator
Old May 7, 19, 6:35 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Aeroplan, Flying Blue
I'll put in a plug for Peru. Wonderful country, fascinating history and geography, lots to see and do, and great food too.

From YVR you can get to LIM on AC via YYZ or YUL (but it's Rouge and the flights from YYZ/YUL are eight hours in the air...). Alternatively LATAM flies from LAX directly to LIM, I think that's a daily flight and it's a better ride than Rouge IMHO.
lsquare and bruceba like this.
Old Aug 23, 19, 3:21 pm

We used AC this past winter direct from YYZ to BA in Premium economy and it was excellent, return we took the later flight through SAN Palo for our return.
lsquare likes this.

Search this Thread