Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > South America
Reload this Page >

Should I add San Cristobal to my Galapagos itinerary?

Old Oct 5, 18, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1M

I am considering a land based tour of the Galapagos which would go to only Santa Cruz and Isabella. Trying to decide whether to extend the trip by one day by going to SC. The animals I'm interested in seeing are sea lions, tortoises, iguanas, frigate birds, blue footed boobies, crabs, seals. Hammerhead sharks would be good but I don't swim so not sure if I would go snorkeling in deep waters.

Animals-wise does SC provide anything special I cannot see in the other 2 places? In terms of natural scenery, SC has kicker rock, anything else?

Last edited by UA Fan; Oct 5, 18 at 11:39 am
Old Oct 6, 18, 12:08 am

Programs: QF GA NZ WN. Accor+ Bonvoy IHC
Have not been to SC but saw all the wildlife you mentioned (bar hammerhead) on Santa Cruz and Isabella
Old Oct 8, 18, 9:58 am

Programs: M&M Senator, BAEC Gold GL, TK Gold
Dont waste your money and your time on that part of the group. I have been there twice. Back in 2006 it was a nice and relaxed place. Came back in 2015 after a 10 night cruise and it really changed to the worst. Lots of bars and restaurants, hipsters everywhere. Even a bad pizza was now 20 USD. There is not much on the island to see - only the fresh water lagoon up the mountains, but thats it.
Old Oct 8, 18, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1M
Thanks. The primary focus is animals so don't mind visiting especially as I can fly out of the island. Here is the trip I am planning to take:

https://www.viator.com/tours/Galapag...important-info

Search this Thread