Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > South America
Reload this Page >

Bogota (BOG) Airport in Colombia - connecting time.

Bogota (BOG) Airport in Colombia - connecting time.

Old Aug 28, 18, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

Red face Bogota (BOG) Airport in Colombia - connecting time.

Hi frequent flyers!

We are a small group of women who have a round trip flight from Los Angeles -> Bogota using Avianca. We haven't booked our domestic flight to Cartegena, but want to fly there the day we land in Bogota. What is the customs situation like?

We are thinking of booking our flight to Cartagena for 10:05AM...giving us 2.5 hours for customs and checking in (with carry on lugggae only) to our next flight, since we arrive at 7:35AM on a Saturday on Nov. 17. Any feedback appreciated so we can book our flight to Cartegena with the right time frame...thank you so much! Gracias!

Angie
Old Aug 28, 18, 5:57 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
I did the exact same thing, LAX-BOG-CTG on Avianca, in early May 2018. The LAX-BOG flight that was scheduled to depart at 10:20 pm was delayed, and didnít depart until past midnight. However, it was only about 30 minutes late in arriving, so we arrived at BOG around 8:00 am. My BOG-CTG flight was scheduled for 9:00 am, but it was delayed by 30 minutes. So I even had time to brush my teeth and grab breakfast at the Avianca lounge in the domestic terminal. It was on a Thursday morning and immigration and customs didn't take long.

The advantage I had was that the LAX-BOG and BOG_CTG flights were on the same PNR (reservation). So I didnít have to check in at BOG, and I also knew that there were many BOG-CTG flight that Avianca would put me on, if I missed my scheduled 9am flight due to a delay in the LAX-BOG flight.
Old Aug 29, 18, 6:01 am

Programs: AA-PLT
You can get through immigration and customs quickly, so if your flight is on time you will not have any problem.

I have had some bad luck on flights arriving in BOG early in the morning. BOG is often foggy, and over the last four years I have twice experienced diversions to other airports because there was too much fog to land. Though, the odds of that happening are pretty low. It's very likely you'll be fine.

Search this Thread