Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LPB-YVR recommendations

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2018, 1:41 pm
Original Poster

LPB-YVR recommendations

Hello everyone, I would like to confirm if I my research is correct and the best I can find? Looking for a one way flight from La Paz, Bolivia LPB to Vancouver, Canada YVR at somepoint in March (although if possible, I would like to arrive by March 20). Looking for economy flight.

This is what I found so far:

Avianca
Total Duration: 21h 30m
2 Stops via Bogota, Colombia and Mexico City or Cancun, then to Vancouver with WestJet (the final leg). About $750 one-way. The price for this one is standard, I am assuming, I like it because the flight duration between each stop is relatively short, about 4-5 hours.

Air Canada $688 this is a Long layover, Overnight flight with 2 stops via
Lima (LIM) OPERATED BY LATAM AIRLINES PERU Layover in LIM
18h 25m then to Toronto and then to Vancouver by Air Canada.

Or maybe the best one:

AVIANCA to Lima Layover 01h05m
then to Cancun Layover 02h33m
then to YVR with WestJet
But it is $1000 in price. I'm leaning toward this one

Perhaps the best option is to fly to Cancun with Avianca and then change to Westjet or AirtTransat for the rest of the trip to Vancouver, adding up to about $700-800 one way.

If you know of another connection, please let me know
Old Feb 22, 2018, 7:25 am

I recommend taking the following shortest path which I timed for the flights on March 8th;

1) LATAM flight from LPB 10.15am to LIMA 11.15am; Then LATAM flight again from LIMA12.20pm to LAX 6pm; (11.45 minutes total travel time)

2) Then AA nonstop 3hrs from LAX 7.56pm to YVR 11.10pm. (under 17 hour total travel time)

Cost for the 1st segment is $871 and the 2nd segment is $472.
Award booking for LATAM is easy to do with 30,000 AA miles by calling AAdvantage number (not bookable online); You can easily get 50,000 AA miles by opening Barclay AA Aviator card without any minimum purchase spend requirement.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.