Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > South America
Reload this Page >

Visiting Barranquilla. How to get internet?

Old Jan 28, 18, 5:52 pm
Original Poster

I just retired from my job and now Iím planning on spending a part of my retirement money for travel and relaxation. My first destination is Barranquilla, Colombia. My friend joined a romance singles tour there before and suggested the place so I trusted his judgement and booked a flight. Iíll be staying there for a month. Itís going to be a long time so I need a decent internet connection to keep up with everything thatís going on back home. I also need it to continue checking on my investment even if Iím miles away.

My plan is to find a rental home for the duration of my visit but I will be initially staying in a hotel. Iím already in communication with someone from Airbnb. Unfortunately, he canít provide free internet connection. I need a way to connect to the internet somehow. Local mobile data, wireless broadband, anything at all.

Are there prepaid internet services in the city? Can a foreign guy apply for a temporary connection from a local ISP? I need help.
Old Jan 29, 18, 4:17 pm

Programs: AA-PLT
There are plenty of options on AirBNB with internet in Baranquilla. I just looked to confirm.

When you go on their site and search under Baranquilla, you will see a list of filters near the top of the page right under the search bar.

- Click on "More Filters"
- Scroll down to "Amenities"
- Click on "Show all Amenities"
- Wifi is one of the options.

I did that and plenty of nice places showed up.

Search this Thread