Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > South America
Reload this Page >

Tour options from Santiago to Valparaiso?

Old Jan 13, 18, 5:57 am
Original Poster

Location: Box Three Five Oh, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos

Spending some time in Santiago next month and looking for a day tour (not a big bus) to Valparaiso. Private would be best, but if minibus type tours are much more affordable we'd be happy with that.

Any suggestions for a guide or company to book with?

Thanks!
Old Jan 13, 18, 8:53 am

Your hotel will have info on the small van tours. One operator with average ratings is TurisTour.

Private operators, try a search on TripAdvisor Chile forum for leads and recos.

Also remember that February is Chilean vaction month and the coast will be crowded.
Old Jan 13, 18, 9:02 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Bonvoy PLAT, Fairmont PLAT, Priority Pass
take inter city bus

I took an el cheapo inter city bus (recommend the satellite terminal, on the metro i.e. not dwntwn) and the free city tour. It was great!
ps Be very careful where you stay in VP. Accommodation is expensive (more than SCL) and some of it is plain awful.
Old Jan 13, 18, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Antonio8069 View Post
I took an el cheapo inter city bus (recommend the satellite terminal, on the metro i.e. not dwntwn) and the free city tour. It was great!
ps Be very careful where you stay in VP. Accommodation is expensive (more than SCL) and some of it is plain awful.
OP wasn't looking to stay in Valpo, but agreed, Valpo accommodations are limited, and not inexpensive. Most of the lodging is in Viña and surrounds, not too far away.
Old Jan 13, 18, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

Location: Box Three Five Oh, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Originally Posted by Viajero Perpetuo View Post
Your hotel will have info on the small van tours. One operator with average ratings is TurisTour.

Private operators, try a search on TripAdvisor Chile forum for leads and recos.

Also remember that February is Chilean vaction month and the coast will be crowded.
Thank you.

I found an operator on TA and contacted him. Got a nice quick reply. Wrote back to him with a question and hoping to add on an airport pickup and silence now for nearly a week, even with a followup from me.

I will look into TurisTour.
Old Jan 13, 18, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Out of my Element View Post
Thank you.

I found an operator on TA and contacted him. Got a nice quick reply. Wrote back to him with a question and hoping to add on an airport pickup and silence now for nearly a week, even with a followup from me.

I will look into TurisTour.
Hmmm. I wonder if he's on vacation (peak time there) or some communication issue - although I'm not making any excuses for a business operator. Most reliable and common communication method is What's App.

Search this Thread