FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   South America (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south-america-483/)
-   -   flying in Bolivia (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south-america/1840623-flying-bolivia.html)

notsofrequentflyerbutwanttobe May 4, 2017 9:14 am

flying in Bolivia

Has anyone flown on the 45 minute flight on Amazonas from La Paz to Uyuni?
What's this airline like?
I'm worried about safety here given Bolivian transport safety in general.
There is also another airline called Bolivian aviacion which uses a 737.

obscure2k May 4, 2017 10:05 am

Moving thread to South America Forum
Please follow there.
Thanks..
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator

Spanish May 5, 2017 9:42 am

Never been on Amazonas, but I did much business in Bolivia many moons ago. This is when Aero Sur operated Boeing 727-100 and 727-200. Okay, not ancient but 10+ years ago. Never an issue with them. Takeoff from La Paz interesting though. Takes forever to get airborne.

I think you should be fine in terms of safety. I googled your airline, though, and looks uncomfortable. Some CRJ200 jets and a Metro!

If you go, enjoy the views and getting a window seat.

Leaping_Deere May 23, 2017 3:15 am

Originally Posted by notsofrequentflyerbutwanttobe (Post 28266900)

Flown Amazonas From VVI-ASU-MVD

Its one of South Americas first proper budget airlines, so don't expect the world. They have modern Bombardier aircraft so I wouldn't worry about safety from that respect. More concerning would be punctuality and perhaps cancellations.

My flight from Santa Cruz a little delayed but not by much, however this came across as the norm.

McFlying Jun 11, 2017 10:00 am

Originally Posted by notsofrequentflyerbutwanttobe (Post 28266900)

Of course you cannot expect the usual safety aviation standards but you should still be fine! Keep in mind that air travel is still a lot more secure than bus travel. This applies in general but especially in South America.

criced Jan 23, 2018 4:17 am

Booked LPG-VVI-ASU with Anazonas, going in june. Nice to not ride a bus for 24-48h. But what service can I expect on this airline? And anybody who knows if online check in works or do I need to be att LPB many hours before dep? I only travel with hand lug.

ung1 Sep 23, 2018 3:58 am

BoA has POS restricted fares that need to be purchased in Bolivia - does anyone have experience/know how to do this? I managed to do so for Chile domestic flights on LATAM by using the Chile site, but don't find this option for BoA. Google flights shows me the cheaper price (verified on ITA Matrix that the diff is because of POS restrictions).

Only a $25 or so price diff on UYU-LPB, but if the option exists...

moonman85 Sep 29, 2018 6:15 am

any luck with figuring this out?I was trying to do the same. More like $75 on the flights I want to book in Bolivia

ung1 Sep 29, 2018 9:49 am

Originally Posted by moonman85 (Post 30259883)
any luck with figuring this out?I was trying to do the same. More like $75 on the flights I want to book in Bolivia

No..I actually checked with a tour company as well as the one organising my Uyuni tour, and even checking from Bolivia they got the same prices as I see. So I am not sure whether these ghost fares one sees on GF and Matrix are actually possible to book...