Search

For those who have been to Curacao

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2017, 4:15 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

For those who have been to Curacao

Couple of questions for those who have visited/lived in Curacao

1) Where do you recommend going on the island for going photography pictures? I prefer islands with the tropical lush green look. (Hope a part of it is like Hawaii) Thank for naming specific spots around the island

2) How easy is it to get to Caracas Venezuela? Is there boat/ferry. Flying there from Curacao is expensive.

3) Do you recommend visiting Curacao? I hope its different enough from Aruba to be worth going as my fiancee and I have already been there.

Thanks
Old Apr 16, 2017, 6:04 am

Programs: AA, DAL, blah, blah, blah...The usual.
I cannot help you with Curacao, however I am curious about going to Caracas.
Have you been to CCS recently?
It is not the same place it was even just five years ago. It is the most dangerous city on the planet and the nation as a whole is teetering on violent revolution.
Perhaps a charter to Canaima would be possible directly from the islands, but Caracas is a fool's errand right now and for the near future.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 7:34 am

Programs: DL DM; *A-Gold
Originally Posted by fay637
Couple of questions for those who have visited/lived in Curacao

1) Where do you recommend going on the island for going photography pictures? I prefer islands with the tropical lush green look. (Hope a part of it is like Hawaii) Thank for naming specific spots around the island

2) How easy is it to get to Caracas Venezuela? Is there boat/ferry. Flying there from Curacao is expensive.

3) Do you recommend visiting Curacao? I hope its different enough from Aruba to be worth going as my fiancee and I have already been there.

Thanks
I don't know all of Curacao, but what I have seen is not like Hawaii, different from Aruba however in the sense that Aruba has better beaches, Curacao has less sand beaches and the capital, Willemstad, in my opinion is nicer than Oranjestad in Aruba. Worthwile to visit but after a couple of days you have seen it ...

Going to Caracas is only possible by plane, no ferry. With the recent stop of Insel Air flying there, you are basically at the mercy of Venezuelan airlines in terms of pricing and "delays". From CCS a roundtrip is 120-200 dollars (depending on your exchange rate) plus Curacao airport exit tax. I don't know the prices from Curacao.

The problem in Caracas is mainly how you gonna pay there. If you rely on foreign credit card then forget about it. Changing dollars on the black market without specific contacts is dangerous and changing it at the official exchange booth at the airport is a huge loss. So, until you have a local debit card, I don't see how you are going to live there without spending an excessive amount of money. Securitywise you have to be careful especially with the recent manifestations but if you know your way around this is not a major problem.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 8:15 am
Suspended
Original Poster

One of my sisters friends said they didn't like it. She said there are much better places around Central America to go to. Thanks for the extra input though
Old Apr 24, 2017, 12:01 pm

The town, food, scuba/snorkel, and nightlife are good. There also are some historical sites. It is a dry (not green) island. Curacao has banking and other industries and quite a few expats, so is not as reliant on tourism, which changes the vibe and makes it quite distinct. I like it, but if you are looking for a tropical paradise look elsewhere.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 2:47 pm

Curaçao is a lovely island and very Dutch still but is is dry and aired climate.The town is colourful and nice cafes by the water.
Pictures are unique for the colourful stores, the floating bridge and the Fort. Not much more.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.