Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > South America
Reload this Page >

Help thinking through trip to Santiago

Help thinking through trip to Santiago

Old Oct 31, 2016, 9:19 am

Programs: UA Gold
May I stick my head in here for some advice which may help the OP as well?

I lived in Santiago for a year in '91-'92 during high school so I am returning for the first time since '93 the first weekend of December for a school alumni event. I'm getting advice from local friends on things to see while I'm there but I thought FT would be a better resource regarding airport issues.

I arrive from IAH on United at 10:00am on a Friday and will be one of the first off the plane as I'm in BusinessFirst class. How long does it typically take to get through customs? I am a US citizen and will be bringing nothing in to declare. Conversely, when I leave on Monday night my flight is at 10:40pm and I expect to be leaving with several items but under the US $800 limit for duties. Approximately how long should I allow to go through exit procedures at SCL? I am not concerned about my arrival back in the US as I have Global Entry and have entered at IAH many times. Anything else I should know about the current process at the airport?

Pinkhighlighter - I am considering a winery tour during my trip which will likely be dictated by local friends' recommendations. I'll try to remember to come back and provide my feedback but if I forget don't hesitate to PM me!
Old Nov 2, 2016, 7:17 am

Programs: IB , BA , AA , LATAM
Remember that January is a big vacation period in Chile and the rest of the sOuthern half of Latin America . This will affect seat avaialability and I wouldnt expect prices to drop much from present levels.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.