Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Long weekend in Bogota

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2015, 4:15 pm
Original Poster

Long weekend in Bogota

A buddy and I are headed to Bogota for a long weekend in early December (Thurs-Sun).

Looking to see if people have any recommendations on the best part of Bogota to stay in. We're both in our mid 20s and prefer pretty much anything but hanging out with other tourists.

I've some a few great hotels, but I prefer prime location over the best hotel in Bogota.

So 3 nights in Bogota, where's the place to be?
Old Sep 7, 2015, 2:17 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by fly7b2
A buddy and I are headed to Bogota for a long weekend in early December (Thurs-Sun).

Looking to see if people have any recommendations on the best part of Bogota to stay in. We're both in our mid 20s and prefer pretty much anything but hanging out with other tourists.

I've some a few great hotels, but I prefer prime location over the best hotel in Bogota.

So 3 nights in Bogota, where's the place to be?
Rosales

The Hilton Bogotá thread has turned into a "Why you should stay in that area but not at the Hilton Bogotá" thread

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...ogota-col.html

GHL Style Mila, Rosales Plaza, The Artisan DC, HIX and Suites 67

If you want to mingle with locals around Calle 60, cheap beers and a good buzz then look at staying at The Book Hotel or some of the Viaggio properties such as Viaggio 617 or Viaggio Seis Dos. Both in a cool and lively area which I am sure would be very cool for 20 somethings to meet genuine locals.

Calle 60 at Carrera 7 also has some nice hole in the wall Colombian greasy eats for you to intersperse with your beers
Old Sep 7, 2015, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestions, JohnnyColombia! I'll report back on our experience when we return.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 4:23 am

Programs: KLM, Enrich MAS, Emirates Skywards
NYTimes 36 hours in Bogota always worth a read (and there are videos sometimes on the site). Also, see Youtube BBC My City Bogota where Hernando gives an 5 min intro! Enjoy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.