Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > South America
Reload this Page >

Easter Island - Which side of the plane?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2011, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist

Hi All -

Heading to Easter Island next week and was wondering if anyone has advice on which side of the plane is better than the other for views and photos? Or are they the same?

When I flew down to Ushuaia a couple of years ago on LAN, I had spectacular photos of the Argentine coastline and the Beagle Channel. Hope to get some more photos flying into/out of Easter Island from Santiago.

Thanks!
Old Aug 29, 2011, 8:52 pm

I sat in seat 3A and had a great view of the island coming in. As an added bonus, our flight was ahead of schedule and had to burn some fuel. The pilot took three wide circles around the island. Got some excellent pictures.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 9:50 am

Programs: BD (in memoriam), BA
I'd second sitting on the left. In fact, I was also in 3A!

I believe that the landing into IPC is generally from the west - the approach we had was over the north of the island, a 180 out over the sea, and back to the airport with Hanga Roa on the left. The cabin crew were suggesting people move across to the left for the best view, so it sounded like that was the usual procedure.

Also, with a southerly departure from SCL I got a city/Andes view on that side before turning out towards the Pacific.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 10:04 am

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Thanks, I just called and had myself moved from 3H to 3A !
Old Sep 1, 2011, 5:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Awesome advice everyone. thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.