Community
Wiki Posts
Search

8 hour layover SCL with Kids

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2011, 8:42 am
Original Poster

8 hour layover SCL with Kids

We arrive at 1PM and leave at 11PM - what would be fun to do in Santiago for a family with smallish kids in that time-frame?
Old Jun 16, 2011, 9:00 am

Programs: Delta - Plat
Check out this discussion;

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south...ggestions.html

likely cerro san cristobal would be best bet with little ones and very limited time .
Old Jun 16, 2011, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Do you all have reciprocity fees paid (or need them) in your passports? If so, go into town. If not, your day will cost you a fortune.

When are you going? It is almost winter and if it is a nice day, I'd go up Cerro San Cristobal, but if it isn't (i.e., rain, a bad smog day), I'd choose another activity. The Zoo is halfway up the hill.
Old Jun 16, 2011, 6:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Do you all have reciprocity fees paid (or need them) in your passports? If so, go into town. If not, your day will cost you a fortune.

When are you going? It is almost winter and if it is a nice day, I'd go up Cerro San Cristobal, but if it isn't (i.e., rain, a bad smog day), I'd choose another activity. The Zoo is halfway up the hill.
We need to pay for one family member only so no big deal. We'll be there in Summer.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 8:23 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Aeroplan, Flying Blue
There are lots of parks in Santiago with good playgrounds for young kids. A good place to try would be Plaza Peru, along Isadora Goyenechea in El Bosque Norte. This is a nice area for walking with kids and there's a Starbuck's just down the street from the park, if they need a Frapuccino fix. Plaza Peru is easy walking distance from two metro stations, El Golf and Tobalaba.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.