Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > South America
Reload this Page >

LIM or CUZ Admiral's Club or Wi-Fi?

Old May 29, 11, 9:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG

Is there currently an Admiral's Club at the Lima airport?

Any locations with free wi-fi at CUZ or LIM?

Thank you.
Old May 29, 11, 11:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
LIM has 2 lounges - both private contract lounges - the SUMAQ and the VIP. I believe that most if not all premium pax receive access to one or the other, both are Priority Pass affiliated, but I don't know if/what airlines provide access to their status passengers.
Old May 30, 11, 7:04 am
Original Poster

Thank you, Eastbay1K.
Old May 30, 11, 7:14 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
I know with AA, access to the Sumaq Lounge is based on class flown, and not AAdvantage status. The agent has to give you a pass at check-in.
Old May 30, 11, 7:15 am
Ambassador: LAN LANPASS

Programs: BAEC Gold, Avianca Lifemiles Diamond
Sumaq is the private lounge that LAN uses therefore OneWorld Sapphire and Emerald can use it with an AA (or other OW) boarding pass, presumably AA uses this club for premium passengers too.

Lima airport theoretically has free wifi throughout with the SSID "telefonica"
It bizarrely works almost everywhere apart from when sat next to the "zona Wi-fi" signs.
Old May 30, 11, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by SJOGuy View Post
I know with AA, access to the Sumaq Lounge is based on class flown, and not AAdvantage status. The agent has to give you a pass at check-in.
Really? according to the OW lounge access page http://www.oneworld.com/ow/ffp/loung...search#Lounges

There is no reason whatsoever that an AAdvantage Sapphire or Emerald should not be given access to Sumaq when flying from Lima to the USA on AA
Old May 30, 11, 11:13 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Sous-vetements civilises, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia View Post
Really? according to the OW lounge access page http://www.oneworld.com/ow/ffp/loung...search#Lounges

There is no reason whatsoever that an AAdvantage Sapphire or Emerald should not be given access to Sumaq when flying from Lima to the USA on AA
Quite. I have often used it when flying LAN coach based on BA/OW status.
Old May 30, 11, 12:25 pm
Ambassador, LAN LANPASS

Programs: LATAM, Lifemiles, Virtuoso TA
Just in case (as no one has mentioned it yet and you said you'll be in CUZ), the lounges at LIM are only accessible if you are travelling internationally.

There's "telefonica" wifi throughout the airport, but I think it's for pay as I've never managed to get it to work properly. There's also wifi at the Starbucks (landside).
Old May 30, 11, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by andreadbc View Post

There's "telefonica" wifi throughout the airport, but I think it's for pay as I've never managed to get it to work properly. There's also wifi at the Starbucks (landside).
You must have been sat too close to a wifi sign. It is definitely free because I have used it. I used to go to the "Smoking Bar" for a smoke and a use of their wifi. Then it closed down, got a refurb, opened up again and I went again. I always presumed the SSID was there's because it always worked there and I never got "telefonica" to work in other parts of the airport. So I asked the guy last time (about a month ago) Does this joint still have wifi? He said it has never had wifi and I can use "telefonica" there, it is the airport wifi and it is free.

Bizarre, telefonica definitely belongs to the airport, it is definitely free but it has stubborn coverage
Old Jun 1, 11, 11:14 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
Thanks for the correction.
Old Jun 8, 11, 7:51 pm

If you are arriving on an international flights - and have several hours before connecting with a domestic flight - is it possible to stay in the international section and the club for a while - or do you absolutely have to go through migracion and customs immediately upon arrival?
Old Jun 8, 11, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by byoder View Post
If you are arriving on an international flights - and have several hours before connecting with a domestic flight - is it possible to stay in the international section and the club for a while - or do you absolutely have to go through migracion and customs immediately upon arrival?
You will be filtered through to migracion. Int'l connections only permitted back into the departure area, after transit security.
Old Jun 15, 11, 12:26 pm

Programs: DL Gold, HH Gold, Priority Club Plat.
Arriving from MIA on AA in J into LIM. Leaving Lim for IQT on Lan in Y (flight has no J). I have no AA status.

Can I go back into the international terminal after clearing customs to access the lounges to help kill my 5 hour layover? Will arriving from MIA in J be enough to get me in, even though my next flight is in Y and domestic?

Thanks!
Old Jun 15, 11, 1:35 pm
Ambassador, LAN LANPASS

Programs: LATAM, Lifemiles, Virtuoso TA
Originally Posted by Mike1625 View Post
Arriving from MIA on AA in J into LIM. Leaving Lim for IQT on Lan in Y (flight has no J). I have no AA status.

Can I go back into the international terminal after clearing customs to access the lounges to help kill my 5 hour layover? Will arriving from MIA in J be enough to get me in, even though my next flight is in Y and domestic?
No.
Old Jun 16, 11, 7:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Middle_Seat View Post
Is there currently an Admiral's Club at the Lima airport?

Any locations with free wi-fi at CUZ or LIM?

Thank you.
My daughter and I returned from Lima a couple of days ago. We were flying AA in F, and the AA ticket agent automatically gave me a pass to the Sumaq lounge.

The lounge was full of people, perhaps due to flights from US to EZE being diverted to LIM due to volcanic ash. To find 2 seats together we had to go outside to the smokers' area. Later we took two seats indoors, across from a couple with an un-happy baby.

The Sumaq lounge has 5 different wi-fi channels (SUMAQ, SUMAQ1, SUMAQ2, SUMAQ3, SUMAQ4), and there is also a VIPLounge channel. The same password works on all 6. It was easy to connect to wi-fi, but on all 6 channels the data transfer to and from websites was glacial.

In the lounge all the TVs were set on Spanish-language stations and all the print publications we saw were in Spanish.

One caveat for LIM: During the final security screening at the gate we were asked for a non-descript piece of paper that the ticket agent had placed into the ticket jacket. I don't know what it was...had I noticed it earlier it's the kind of thing I would have tossed into the trash...but it seemed to be important to the screener.

Search this Thread