Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > South America
Reload this Page >

Bogota: free hotel stays review

Old Mar 2, 11, 8:52 pm
Original Poster

I have earned many free nights from different hotel programs and decided to make a trip and use some of them, so I decided to go to Bogota and my pick of the hotels were PC (Crowne Plaza), Radisson and Marriott, the picks were based on the location and the type of room available at reservation.

1) Priority Club
I chose Crowne Plaza as my first hotel stay, I made a reservation on line and have reserved a room with mountain view, kitchen and 2 bathrooms ($800 per night if I had to pay), yes, this is the reason i booked this hotel and when I arrived at the hotel the check in staff was wow Sir! You have booked a nice room and they even gave me a room to stay for couple hours as the one I have reserved was not available because I arrived too early, this is great service, very happy and satisfied, When my room was available there was no kitchen, no 2 bathrooms (I think they downgraded me because it's free) but I didn't care because the room was nice enough. I filled out a survey with very good comments for the staff at check out.

2) Radisson
The employees at this hotel were top notch from front desk, phone operator, at the recreation room and maids, I just love the friendliness of the staff at this hotel. The down side of this hotel is the room were very cold during my entire stay, they brought in a portable heater but only helped a bit, the TV constantly losing signal and without program, at check out they added $3 to my bill and when I asked what was that for, they said it's for some kind of foundation the hotel supports and if I do not agree they will remove it. (this is just bad as they didn't even ask me if I am interested in participating in this and volunteered me to pay for it.

3) JW Marriott
This is the best choice, at check in the staff advised me all the benefits I am entitled to. This hotel has a nice design and is very beautiful all around, I love the gym, the pool, the room, the VIP lounge and the snacks. Security is very tight at this hotel I guess the reason is this chain has been targeted many times in the past all over the world.

4) Since I love the room I got at Crowne Plaza the week before and the pool looked great on their website so I decided to postponed my flight for 3 more days with small penalty, made the reservation on line as usual, booked the same room before although I didn't expect they will give it to me if they gave me the room I had before still a happy man. However, this time is 180 degree change for my impression of this hotel. I only got a normal suite and the room was ok as this hotel has been around for a while. Later on I went to front desk and asked the reason of not getting the room I booked for, even would be happy with the room I had last time but was told because this is a free stay, I then asked if on the reservation I had the choice of different room types and I have reserved one they should honor it, the staff went to talk to the manager and he didn't say much and I didn't bother to argue too much as other people around me.

Later on I wanted to use the pool and was told there was a fee of $13, never heard of that from any hotels I have stayed before.... definitely I will not recommend this hotel to anyone.what a change of my impression for this hotel from the week before I stayed there. I am going to call PC for my experience with this hotel and see what they will tell me
Old Mar 2, 11, 9:08 pm
Moderator: Credit Card Programs & Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: Too many to list
Since this deals with hotels in Bogota I'll move it from MB to South America Forum.

Search this Thread