6 Days in Buenos Aires- Looking for a chill beach/surf town nearby

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2011, 8:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,

I am coming to Buenos Aires, Argetina for 6 days in March from Canada. I arrive on Saturday March 19th at 3 PM, and depart Friday March 25 at 4 PM.

I am not going to see too much. I would like to spend a few days in BA (maybe one on each end of the trip), and find a nice surf town within 4ish hours.

Tentatively, my plan would be:

Friday March 19 - arrive and Explore
Saturday March 20 - explore BA
Sunday March 21 - Early morning transportation to ???????????? (cool surf/beach town)
Thursday March 24 - Early morning transport back to BA
Friday March 25 - Explore BA and depart.

My question is, what is a cool beach town you would recommend in either Argentina or Uruguay?

I have read lots of good things about Punta Del Este and Punta Del Diablo in Uruguay

I have also read good things about Pinamar, Mar Del Plata, etc.. in Argentina.

My main goals are:

1) A nice small town, that I can walk around (or rent a scooter and explore), but not too small (want restaurants, shops, a little bit of liveliness, with a GREAT beach, and surf.
2) Good weather in mid-late March.
3)Not too far from BA. I don't want to waste a whole day getting to and from the place, since I am only here for 6 days.

Would love your advice!

Thanks!
Old Feb 24, 2011, 9:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Mod, please move to argentina forum.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 8:23 am

I think you might be disappointed. Argentina is not known for great beaches, and certainly not for surfing. There are beaches and there is an ocean, but this isn't why people come here.

Probably Punta del Este in Uruguay would be the closest thing to what you're looking for.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.