Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > South America
Reload this Page >

April Weather in Santiago?

Old Jan 30, 2011, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: The usual for over 7 Million paid miles flown to date... My first paid flight was on a DC3.

My wife and I have never visited Santiago previously but will be there during the first two weeks of April. Can any FTers advise what we can expect for weather during that time of year? Also, any web sites that provide decent information about that part of Chile?

Thanks.

Old Jan 30, 2011, 7:47 pm

It used to be that April signaled the first rains, but they seem to come later now. You might get a bit of rain. It is difficult to predict weather anywhere in the world now, but at that time of year the temperatures should be in the high teens to low 20 celsius range. A light jacket is usually enough during the day and even in the evening. Do you know where you are staying? Here is a website about the different neighbourhoods in Santiago which you might find interesting:
http://www.allsantiago.com/
Old Jan 31, 2011, 12:11 am

Programs: CO, UA, SPG
April is a pleasant month to be in Santiago. I echo the recommendation for a light jacket. The sun will be nice and strong during the day, but as soon as it goes down, it will turn a little chilly.

When I lived in Santiago, the rains didn't start until mid-May, but I understand that it varies from year-to-year.

Note that temperatures will be 5-7 degrees cooler (Celsius) if you decide to visit Valpo/Viña del Mar. Definitely need a jacket there.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.