Wiki Posts
Search

American or Delta into Santiago?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2011, 8:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest, USAir, United
American or Delta into Santiago?

With prices and times very similar (and low mileage with both airlines), does anyone have any deciding factors in suggesting which airline to choose?
Old Jan 22, 2011, 5:10 pm

Programs: The usual for over 7 Million paid miles flown to date... My first paid flight was on a DC3.
As far as I know, DL has one nonstop per day from Atlanta and AA has 2 from MIA and another from DFW. Both airlines fly 767's on that route.

My personal preference is AA. I'm traveling with my spouse on AA Bus. Class in early April LAX - MIA - SCL with the return SCL - DFW - BUR. The DFW - BUR segment is First Class on a MD80.

Old Jan 22, 2011, 6:09 pm

Programs: Delta, USAir, Marriott, SPG, AmEx
If miles don't matter to you then book on LAN....you can even book w/ an AA flight number.....

MUCH nicer interior on the 767 than Delta or AA metal. Newer seats w/ seatback entertainment.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 6:12 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
If you are flying biz class, I, personally, find AA biz more comfortable than DL on this route
Old Jan 30, 2011, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
If you are flying in the back, I don't think it really matters. Since you are connecting (apparently, as you are looking at DL or AA), you really might consider LAN - you'll (probably) earn AA miles, depending on the fare, and your main cabin experience will be better (primarily the excellent IFE system they have). The only reason I'd choose AA over DL is in the case of irregular ops, AA has more options to get you home.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 3:45 pm

Programs: On the way to lowly LATAM Gold, AA, MiClub Lider
Outside of FF status and irrops, also consider your return experience:

Where would you rather clear I&C (DFW, MIA or ATL) and TSA security hassle and dog and pony show assuming you are connecting to another flight at DFW, MIA or ATL?

I personally prefer to re-enter at DFW. Outgoing, I also prefer connecting through DFW as Terminal D is not a bad place to wait for your flight.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 3:46 pm

Programs: On the way to lowly LATAM Gold, AA, MiClub Lider
Add LAX and JFK to the previous question if flying LAN via AA codeshare.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Viajero Perpetuo
Add LAX and JFK to the previous question if flying LAN via AA codeshare.
Just note that some JFK and most LAX routings from SCL involve a stop (no change) @ LIM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.