Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > South America
Reload this Page >

Getting from Honduras to Cancun, with dog!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2010, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

My sister is repatriating herself from Honduras back to the UK, and bringing her dog with her. The problem is getting to somewhere where the mut can be exported to the UK. We have decided on Cancun as the departure point.

Anyone have any bright ideas about how she can get from San Pedro Sula to Cancun with 3 suitcases and a dog? Given you have to leave Honduras, travel through Guatemala, and possibly through Belize, before getting into Mexico, its a logistical nightmare. The only way I can think is car hire, but presumably that will be quite problematic given the number of countries its going through and the fact that its a one-way journey.

Any ideas would be great, thanks.^
Old Nov 15, 2010, 8:13 am

Programs: Bombay Sapphire; Sephora Plat
A J fare in TACA will cover for all of it.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dragonfirebcn
A J fare in TACA will cover for all of it.
Thanks. I looked up TACA. Seems you can go SAP-SAL-CUN, and booking dogs onto their flights isnt an administrative hassle, but the stoppover might not be great. It would also seem that Mexico customs are a bit more relaxed about animal imports too. Not sure why it needed to be a J fare though, as nothing on website suggested that you couldnt do it on a Y fare. Any expansion on your comment?

Last edited by kryten22uk; Nov 16, 2010 at 10:32 am
Old Nov 23, 2010, 9:02 am

Programs: Bombay Sapphire; Sephora Plat
Originally Posted by kryten22uk
Thanks. I looked up TACA. Seems you can go SAP-SAL-CUN, and booking dogs onto their flights isnt an administrative hassle, but the stoppover might not be great. It would also seem that Mexico customs are a bit more relaxed about animal imports too. Not sure why it needed to be a J fare though, as nothing on website suggested that you couldnt do it on a Y fare. Any expansion on your comment?
3 suitcases and a dog won't be a hassle in J. 3 suitcases and a dog will be a hassle in Y, and probably it'll cost as much as a J fare, once added the baggage excess fees.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.