Wiki Posts
Search

Overnights at AEP or MVD airports?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2009, 2:55 am
Original Poster

Overnights at AEP or MVD airports?

Hi,

I'm flying from Ushuaia to Asuncion next month, with a stop in either in Buenos Aires AEP or Montevideo MVD. The problem is, the incoming flights get in late at night (1-2am), while the outbound is early the next day (6-7am). Does anyone with experience of AEP or MVD know whether it's possible to camp out there overnight?

Thanks!
Old Dec 22, 2009, 7:52 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Please continue to follow this thread in the South America forum. Thanks for your understanding.

Jouy31
TravelBuzz moderator
Old Dec 22, 2009, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
I think if you fly to ASU direct/n-s, you will have to depart from EZE? No airport hotels at EZE.

On some days, there is an itinerary that goes USH-EZE-ASU. Would certainly be easier than an USH-AEP-MVD-ASU or USH-AEP/EZE-ASU itinerary.

AEP certainly is busy at 4am (up to 4 flights depart by 6am on a Sunday) though I don't know if it is possible to camp out in the airport however (may not shut for those few hours if you are lucky). If you are hungry, the parrilladas across the road are certainly open (and busy!) at 430a on a Sunday morning.
Old Dec 22, 2009, 11:16 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply! I'll keep the overnight at AEP as an option, then. I did find a cheaper flight, though, USH-AEP-MVD-ASU - arrive at AEP at 2200, depart for MVD at 0020 so that's easy enough. The overnight would be at MVD - arrive at 0205, depart at 1000. I think I'll give it a shot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.