Frills on SAA

Old Mar 13, 2023, 9:14 am

Programs: EK Plat; QR Gold
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Interesting thoughts. I just bought Airlink biz class tickets, but then just read online they won't let you into the SLOW lounge until 90 minutes before departure? That's realistically only 50-60 mins of lounge time. I will have a four hour connection from Kenya Airways and was hoping to use the lounge for coffee and work. I don't think 2-3 hours of lounge time before a flight (and on an intl-domestic connection) is unreasonable. Anyone have experience with SLOW lounges and being denied entry earlier than 90 mins before departure. I guess I have Priority Pass to fall back on, but was hoping to be productive rather than lounge hopping before a JNB-CPT flight.
Ive never had an issue at the SLOW lounge, but I havent been since the pandemic as I dont think its worthwhile going there. With Priority Pass, at least you can choose where you want to go.
Old Mar 13, 2023, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/2MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by IntrepidAfrican2
Ive never had an issue at the SLOW lounge, but I havent been since the pandemic as I dont think its worthwhile going there. With Priority Pass, at least you can choose where you want to go.
Oh how come? I remember pre-pandemic, they had a beautiful and bountiful buffet presentation (more like what you'd see in someone's home at a party than in an airport lounge). I was thoroughly impressed. Maybe they scaled back? Still have self-serve food and wine?
Old Mar 13, 2023, 9:44 am

Programs: EK Plat; QR Gold
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Oh how come? I remember pre-pandemic, they had a beautiful and bountiful buffet presentation (more like what you'd see in someone's home at a party than in an airport lounge). I was thoroughly impressed. Maybe they scaled back? Still have self-serve food and wine?
I dont know. Maybe its because I spend a lot of time on Middle Eastern and Asian carriers. Im not particularly a fan of any of the commercial lounges at JNB.
SkyTeam777 and cheltzel like this.
Old May 3, 2023, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by Stewie Mac;[url=tel:35071539
35071539[/url]]no arrivals lounge for any airline, and as of December the showers in the SAA domestic lounge were still closed.
Showers in SA domestic lounge available- used two weeks ago at ORT (JNB).
Stewie Mac likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2023, 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
Its not like Im regularly in the SAA forum (and nor is anyone else!).

Just seen your other note about arriving into CPT - my comment above about fast track was referring to ORT, I dont recall any fast track at CPT domestic, sorry. And SAA in my experience are very relaxed about hand luggage, never had my wheelie checked or checked in by them, i think generally they are good about treating *G well.
There is, but it's limited to either business class or Discovery card holders (the purple or black cards), but there doesn't seem to be a huge amount of time savings as when the regular line is full they start ushering people into the FT line in my experience.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.