SAA to Mauritius

Old Oct 13, 21, 10:19 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by thijsseh
Well, I would not book anything on an SAA route which is not actually operating. They might can the route and then not refund you. Or they'll all be on strike. Way to insecure at the moment.

(with the amount of money that I have poured into that airline as a SA taxpayer I should qualify for a free ticket, actually.... Oh no, it's a different airline now... Really?)
+1

My wife and I are active here and on a few other travel related boards. There have been issues with multiple African carriers and getting refunds for flights booked and then cancelled. Even in some cases where pople booked supposedly fully refundable tickets (Airlink as an example).
Old Oct 15, 21, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by imverge
Well this is a surprise and good news!
But what is so good about this news?

The route is already served by a number of other carriers, all of which are arguably more dependable than SAA.

Johan
thijsseh likes this.
Old Oct 17, 21, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by johan rebel
But what is so good about this news?

The route is already served by a number of other carriers, all of which are arguably more dependable than SAA.

Johan
Another option for award tickets with Star Alliance airlines.
Old Feb 4, 22, 3:25 pm

https://umhambi.blogspot.com/2022/02...announced.html
Old Feb 6, 22, 1:31 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
is there any big difference between the air mauritius ones (with SAA codeshare) and the SAA flights?
Old Mar 20, 23, 5:17 pm

We are scheduled to fly JNB-MRU in August this year.
What's the general feeling on whether or not I should worry about SAA flying by then?
I can see that Air Mauritius also fly that route, but the SAA times are more sociable.
Old Mar 21, 23, 1:34 am

Programs: EK Plat; QR Gold
Originally Posted by Jofnan
We are scheduled to fly JNB-MRU in August this year.
What's the general feeling on whether or not I should worry about SAA flying by then?
I can see that Air Mauritius also fly that route, but the SAA times are more sociable.
I suppose the question you are asking is which is the greater inconvenience: flying at a less sociable hour, or trying to recover monies from an airline that may have collapsed or be in severe financial distress in August? Thats really for you to decide.

Personally, I fly SAA on exception but only book the day before.
Stewie Mac likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.