Best strategy to maybe get refund?

Old May 20, 20, 1:32 am
Original Poster
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 93
Best strategy to maybe get refund?

I have 2 one way tickets booked via SAA website from Perth to JNB in early August. Total was about $1600. My flights from US to Perth already got cancelled, so the trip isnít happening. It was paid for with a chase sapphire reserve.
it certainly looks like the airline might not exist. Any viable strategy to get my money back? Can I dispute now with chase somehow? Wait until flight is cancelled? Wait until bankruptcy and claim via chase insurance?

i also have two flights with airlink for a safari that were booked via airlink website. Any thoughts on those? Not sure itís the same situation as those flights may go as scheduled by then.
growlers is offline  
Old May 21, 20, 6:29 am
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Oxon, UK
Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC Gold, IC Plat Amb, Accor Gold
Posts: 1,914
I don't think you can do anything until SAA cancels the flight or officially goes bust. At that point I would go down the credit card dispute route (Amex just refunded me the cost of 2 flights SAA cancelled in April and never responded to my refund requests).

I think your only option with Airlink will be via travel insurance unless those are cancelled as well.
pomkiwi is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread