Community
Wiki Posts
Search

COVID-19: Impact on South African Airways

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2020, 8:08 am

Programs: UA 1K, BA Gold, LH/SN/LX Senator
Originally Posted by Work-Shy
I am in a similar position with an SAA-ticketed (083 ticket stock) for an Airlink flight due to be taken in just over 2 weeks (from Jo'burg to Maun, Botswana). As a UK passport-holder, I am currently unable to enter either South Africa or Botswana. I have contacted both SAA and Airlink but with no definitive outcome yet.

I don't mind getting a credit voucher with Airlink as I will definitely be using them to fly between South Africa and Botswana as soon as possible. But a voucher from SAA is worthless given they are likely about to go bankrupt and, by the looks of their website, will no longer be selling tickets to Maun (and there are no SAA routes I would envisage flying even if they do survive)

I am not sure how long I should hold my nerve in the hope of my ticket/credit getting transferred from SAA to Airlink. Or should I just initiate a chargeback now (UK Mastercard) on the speculative grounds of my current SAA-ticketed flight (and immigration/entry restrictions) being undeliverable?
I would say your trip is definitely not happening. Given the issues with SAA I would go with the chargeback. It's unclear if Airlink will be able to get you a voucher for their own ticket stock.
Work-Shy likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.