FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   South African Airways | Voyager (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south-african-airways-voyager-752/)
-   -   Anyone has access to fare rules? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south-african-airways-voyager/2012748-anyone-has-access-fare-rules.html)

seks Mar 13, 2020 10:51 am

Anyone has access to fare rules?

I cannot seem to find the fare rules on the website nor is it on the PDF eticket.

Does anyone have access to the fare rules if I give you the PNR? I tried to call SAA USA # but I keep on getting busy signals.

Our upcoming May trip to Africa has been thrown in disarray so we probably need to cancel or reschedule our Inter-Africa SAA flights :(

Ditto Mar 17, 2020 5:42 am

Your e-ticket will have the fare basis, go to SAA website and make a dummy booking for the same route and see if you can get it to use the same fare basis, the rules will then be available.
Alternatively you can also use ITA matrix which would have greater flexibility on trying to show a specific fare basis.

LondonElite Mar 17, 2020 5:43 am

If you post your exact fare basis, we can give you the fare rules.

mrandery Apr 27, 2020 5:20 am

Actually, I needed the same help

Fare basis is KOW4Z

For a flight from JNB to SZK and back

I recall it was refundable, but I can't find any proof of that and SAA customer service is now impossible to reach

LondonElite Apr 27, 2020 5:27 am

Originally Posted by mrandery (Post 32327928)
Actually, I needed the same help

Fare basis is KOW4Z

For a flight from JNB to SZK and back

I recall it was refundable, but I can't find any proof of that and SAA customer service is now impossible to reach

Here you go:

CANCELLATIONS

ANY TIME
CANCELLATIONS PERMITTED.
NOTE - TEXT BELOW NOT VALIDATED FOR AUTOPRICING.
A REFUND WILL BE MADE TO AN AMOUNT EQUAL TO THE
UNUSED PORTION OF THE TICKET LESS ADMINISTRATION
FEE AND APPLICABLE VAT.
---
REFUND THE FARE LESS THE SECTORS ALREADY
TRAVELLED.
---
IF PASSENGER REQUESTS REFUND AFTER PASSENGER
NO SHOWS ON FLIGHT BOOKED THE TICKETED SECTOR
ON WHICH THE PASSENGER NO SHOWED ON IS NON-
REFUNDABLE.
---
WAIVED FOR ILLNESS OR DEATH OF PASSENGER OR
FAMILY MEMBER.
NOTE-
WAIVERS MUST BE EVIDENCED BY DEATH CERTIFICATE OR
MEDICAL CERTIFICATE.
----
THE YQ CARRIER IMPOSED FEES ARE REFUNDABLE.
REFUND OF UNUSED TAXES PAID TO THIRD PARTIES
PERMITTED.

CHANGES

ANY TIME
CHANGES PERMITTED.
NOTE - TEXT BELOW NOT VALIDATED FOR AUTOPRICING.
CHANGES PERMITTED SUBJECT TO THE APPLICABLE
BOOKING CLASS BEING AVAILABLE. IF THE APPLICABLE
BOOKING CLASS IS NOT AVAILABLE UPGRADE PERMITTED
TO ANY HIGHER FARE OR CABIN.
----
IF CHANGES ARE MADE TO THE FIRST TICKETED
FLIGHT COUPON THE ITINERARY- MUST BE REPRICED
USING CURRENT FARES AT TIME OF CHANGE.
----
IF PASSENGER NO SHOWS ON FLIGHT BOOKED -
CHANGES PERMITTED FREE OF CHARGE ON DAY OF
DEPARTURE ONLY.
PASSENGER IS ALLOWED TO NO-SHOW AND TRAVEL ON
INITIAL DAY OF DEPARTURE WITHOUT ANY PENALTY.
IF PASSENGER NO SHOWS AND REQUESTS AFTER DEPARTURE
TO BE REBOOKED FOR ANOTHER DATE THEN THE PASSENGER
FORFEITS THE TICKETED SECTOR ON WHICH THE
PASSENGER NO-SHOWED.
----
WAIVED FOR ILLNESS OR DEATH OF PASSENGER OR
FAMILY MEMBER.
NOTE-
WAIVERS MUST BE EVIDENCED BY DEATH CERTIFICATE OR
MEDICAL CERTIFICATE.
----
REVALIDATION/REISSUE MUST BE MADE WITHIN 72 HOURS
AFTER CHANGE OF RESERVATION BUT NOT LATER THAN
DEPARTURE OF THE ORIGINAL FLIGHT BEING CHANGED.
IF NOT DONE WITHIN 72 HOURS TICKET WILL ONLY BE
VALID FOR REFUND OR NOT APPLICABLE AT ALL.
----
CHANGE CAN BE DONE IN SAME OR HIGHER BOOKING
CLASS. THE FARE MUST BE EQUAL OR HIGHER THAN THE
PREVIOUS FARE. WHEN A CHANGE RESULTS IN A LOWER
FARE NO CREDIT/REFUND OF THE RESIDUAL AMOUNT WILL
BE MADE. ALL RULE PROVISIONS OF THE NEW TICKETED
FARE MUST BE ADHERED TO.
----
VOLUNTARY CHANGES BEFORE DEPARTURE OF THE FIRST
TICKETED FLIGHT SEGMENT WILL BE SUBJECT TO ANY
FARE DIFFERENCE APPLICABLE TO THE NEW DATE OF
TRAVEL.
----
EMDS NOT PERMITTED FOR FURTHER TRANSPRTATION.
----
REROUTING PERMITTED.
----
STANDBY NOT PERMITTED.
----
ANY SA OPERATED FLIGHT AND/SA FLIGHT OPERATED BY
SA EXPRESS/AIRLINK MAY BE INTERCHANGEABLE
WITH EACH OTHER STILL ADHERING TO THE PENALTY
CONDITIONS.

mrandery Apr 27, 2020 5:53 am

Much appreciated - now I can get my money back!

pomkiwi Apr 27, 2020 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by mrandery (Post 32327992)
Much appreciated - now I can get my money back!

Good luck getting a refund from SAA either via the website or call centre. It is likely you will need to claim a refund from your credit card company by disputing the charge (on the basis that the service has not been provided)

LondonElite Apr 27, 2020 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by pomkiwi (Post 32328979)
Good luck getting a refund from SAA either via the website or call centre. It is likely you will need to claim a refund from your credit card company by disputing the charge (on the basis that the service has not been provided)

Agreed. I think SAA is going to be exceptionally difficult!

mrandery Apr 28, 2020 1:46 am

I am getting it from Amex.

I cancelled the flight on the SAA website in early March, but did not receive a refund or even acknowlegdement that it was cancelled.

Amex said I would get the money back without issue if I could show it was cancellable - may have been a problem/delayed if it was not.

mrandery Apr 28, 2020 1:47 am

Originally Posted by LondonElite (Post 32328991)
Agreed. I think SAA is going to be exceptionally difficult!

More like impossible.

They've stopped answering the phone and an email to them results in a "could not deliver - mailbox is full" error.

LondonElite Apr 28, 2020 1:51 am

Originally Posted by mrandery (Post 32330507)
I am getting it from Amex.

I cancelled the flight on the SAA website in early March, but did not receive a refund or even acknowlegdement that it was cancelled.

Amex said I would get the money back without issue if I could show it was cancellable - may have been a problem/delayed if it was not.

Then you might need the full fare rules (which, in fairness, Amex can access itself).

seks Apr 28, 2020 9:18 pm

I ended up doing a chargeback on my AMEX biz Plat for the SAA itinerary. Showed up within 3-4 days of doing the chargeback. Hopefully SAA doesn't dispute it since I've provided documentation proof to AMEX that SAA has canceled/suspended part of my itinerary.

LondonElite Apr 29, 2020 12:04 am

Thanks for reporting back.

purch Jun 22, 2020 12:50 am

Hello,

Just to come back to the original question, does anyone know of a way to get the fare basis with only the PNR? Trying to look up the fare rules for an SAA ticket for my father in law, but his confirmation only gives the PNR. I've tried to look on flysaa.com, as well as opening the record on LOT and egyptair (which in the past has been useful for other things) but no luck getting a fare basis.

Someone previously posted to look on matrix, but I suspect this might not work because 1) one of the flights is already cancelled so won't even be visible in matrix and 2) matrix would only give the current fare basis on offer. I think what matters is the fare basis on the day that the ticket was bought.

On the other hand, does anyone know what the "usual" refund rules for a D fare are? Or does it vary enough that no general statement can be made?

Anyway I think its all academic because SA won't be giving out money anytime soon, but I promised I'd look into it.

thijsseh Jun 23, 2020 2:19 am

Originally Posted by purch (Post 32475440)
Hello,

Just to come back to the original question, does anyone know of a way to get the fare basis with only the PNR? Trying to look up the fare rules for an SAA ticket for my father in law, but his confirmation only gives the PNR. I've tried to look on flysaa.com, as well as opening the record on LOT and egyptair (which in the past has been useful for other things) but no luck getting a fare basis.

Someone previously posted to look on matrix, but I suspect this might not work because 1) one of the flights is already cancelled so won't even be visible in matrix and 2) matrix would only give the current fare basis on offer. I think what matters is the fare basis on the day that the ticket was bought.

On the other hand, does anyone know what the "usual" refund rules for a D fare are? Or does it vary enough that no general statement can be made?

Anyway I think its all academic because SA won't be giving out money anytime soon, but I promised I'd look into it.

You say that you only have the PRN, but at the same time you mention a D fare bucket. (discounted business class, if I remember correctly from my past). That's probably your best bet:
They may have changed the fare conditions for a D fare, but I think your best bet is to see if you can find a D fare on ITA matrix and see the current conditions (and assume they are still the same). If you have an Expert Flyer subscription you can look up the conditions for any fare (but only the current ones, I think). My own EF subscription is 'dormant' at the moment until I can start flying again, so I'm afraid I can't help.

I agree with your statement that it's probably academic because of the 'financial status' of SAA.