5 Aug 2019 ACC to JNB

Old Aug 5, 19, 11:19 am
Original Poster

5 Aug 2019 ACC to JNB

SA 209 bound from JNB-ACC-IAD arriving 6:25 am at IAD on Mon, 5 Aug. and become SA 210

PER SAA Call Centre in Florida as of 1:15 pm ET
Door damaged in ACC, thought fixed.
More issues after takeoff. Returned to ACC. Plane out of service.
SAA sent backup plane to Accra.
Local time in Accra is approximately 5:20 PM Monday. According to Florida call center supervisor, back up plane is about to takeoff from Accra bound for Dulles.
ETA to IAD. 12:35 am

Per Florida call center. Even though flight 210 will definitely NOT takeoff at the schedule 5:40 PM Time this afternoon, passengers must still check in on time. Passengers supposedly given hotel voucher to use while waiting.

Any updates, guidance, additional information appreciated in this thread.

Thanks all.
Old Oct 7, 19, 9:57 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles and Smiles, Hhonors, ICHotels
Okay - that would have been the fright that I was on from JNB - ACC.

There was an issue loading cargo in JNB and we left a little later than expected. Once we got into ACC, we waited around two hours to get our luggage due to a "technical issue with the one cargo door". Considering how late the flight arrives, plus waiting two hours for luggage and having to be back at the airport a few hours later, made for one grumpy passenger.....

I did not realise that the aircraft returned to ACC - but rather safe than sorry. I left ACC early the next morning to fly into a small airfield so was not aware of the aircraft returning to ACC.
Old Oct 9, 19, 1:17 am

And I saw this morning that SA57 from ABJ / ACC - JNB has been cancelled.
No reason that I can see. I hope that it is not a technical issue - they seem to be having quite a few issues lately.
Old Oct 9, 19, 12:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, BA Gold, LH/SN/LX Senator
Originally Posted by roadwarrier View Post
And I saw this morning that SA57 from ABJ / ACC - JNB has been cancelled.
No reason that I can see. I hope that it is not a technical issue - they seem to be having quite a few issues lately.
The flight routed JNB-ACC-ABJ-JNB today under SA56 the whole way. So not a cancellation at all.

That said, I'm not sure what you mean that they've had quite a few technical issues lately. How do you define that?
Old Oct 10, 19, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by evanb View Post
The flight routed JNB-ACC-ABJ-JNB today under SA56 the whole way. So not a cancellation at all.

That said, I'm not sure what you mean that they've had quite a few technical issues lately. How do you define that?
FlightRadar showed it as a cancellation, so who knows?

As mentioned earlier, I experienced issues with arriving in ACC and the cargo door did not open. Also, they seem to be having more delays than usual, but their website is very quiet about them.
Old Oct 11, 19, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by roadwarrier View Post
FlightRadar showed it as a cancellation, so who knows?

Interestingly, most of the folks "following" my trip (e.g. family expecting to meet me) also got similar notifications of my outbound (e.g. 210 - IAD-ACC-JNB) being cancelled rather than the significant delay of approx. 12 hours.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: