Wiki Posts
Search

SA missed connection/ IRROPs handling

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2019, 3:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG75k, AA Plat
SA missed connection/ IRROPs handling

Does anyone have recent experience of SA missed connection/ IRROPs handling? Have a SA314 --> SA222 transfer coming up.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 4:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K, BA Gold, LH/SN/LX Senator
Originally Posted by Unionruler
Does anyone have recent experience of SA missed connection/ IRROPs handling? Have a SA314 --> SA222 transfer coming up.
I'm not quite sure what your question is. You're going from domestic to international with 95 minutes. You should be fine. More than enough time to clear security and immigration. It's not particularly busy at international departures at that time.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 8:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG75k, AA Plat
Originally Posted by evanb
I'm not quite sure what your question is. You're going from domestic to international with 95 minutes. You should be fine. More than enough time to clear security and immigration. It's not particularly busy at international departures at that time.
Yes I know it should go fine, but I want the knowledge just in case there's a mechanical or something.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 8:03 am

I'd keep in mind that the only possible replacement flight same day is the LATAM flight which leave one hour later, so there's not a lot of room for error in case of IRROPS unless you are ready to fly the next day (as the only alternative could be TAAG but that's still 12+ hrs delay)
I also have a similar flight coming up, I opted for the earlier SA308.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 9:08 am

Programs: UA 1K, BA Gold, LH/SN/LX Senator
Originally Posted by Unionruler
Yes I know it should go fine, but I want the knowledge just in case there's a mechanical or something.
Just looking at the flight history, SA 308 has an excellent operational history. Only one day in the past 3 months where there was a significant delay but this was on a day when CPT was savaged with fog. So you'll be just fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.