340-600 Business Class Seats

Old Feb 21, 19, 7:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC S100K
340-600 Business Class Seats

I have a quick question about J seats on the 340-600 (FRA - JNB). I called customer service to get a seat assignment (since the site wouldn’t allow me to) and was told that window seats in J are best. However, I assume they involve stepping over the passenger in the aisle seat when the seat is fully reclined—something I’d prefer not to do. So can someone clarify? If the aisle seat is fully reclined, can I get from the window seat to the aisle without having to step over that person?
Old Feb 21, 19, 10:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K, BA Gold, LH/SN/LX Senator
Originally Posted by TheCanuckian View Post
I have a quick question about J seats on the 340-600 (FRA - JNB). I called customer service to get a seat assignment (since the site wouldn’t allow me to) and was told that window seats in J are best. However, I assume they involve stepping over the passenger in the aisle seat when the seat is fully reclined—something I’d prefer not to do. So can someone clarify? If the aisle seat is fully reclined, can I get from the window seat to the aisle without having to step over that person?
That is correct, fully reclined, you'll have to climb over someone to get out to the aisle from the window.
Old Feb 22, 19, 6:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by evanb View Post
That is correct, fully reclined, you'll have to climb over someone to get out to the aisle from the window.
Thank you!
Old Feb 25, 19, 9:43 pm

Programs: AC*G-E50K (former AC*G-SE100K for 3 yrs)
I always avoid the old planes. Lhr jnb a330s have new interiors
Old Feb 28, 19, 8:57 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the help. Any preferences for the best business class seats on the 340-600? I’m assuming near the middle of the cabin, seats D or G?
Old Mar 1, 19, 8:33 am

Programs: BA BD SA
For a single traveller, I would definitely suggest D or G. The received wisdom is to choose the front left quadrant of the cabin as that is where the most senior crew member serves. My choice would be 2D or 3D.
Old Mar 2, 19, 6:30 am

Programs: AC*G-E50K (former AC*G-SE100K for 3 yrs)
That’s correct. No use sitting by the window as they are night flights
Old Mar 2, 19, 7:21 am
Original Poster

Thanks for your help!
Old Mar 2, 19, 11:37 am

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Gold, Hertz Five Star
There is a step over but if the leg room is still the same, it's class leading. My point being is that the distance between the seat rows is pretty massive. Definitely a best case scenario if you're stepping over rather than being right on top of your fellow traveler

Search this Thread