Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > South African Airways | Voyager
Reload this Page >

Baggage allowance ZA to Switzerland, SAA connecting to Emirates, economy?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2018, 11:28 am
Original Poster

My daughter has a one way SAA ticket from East London to Jo'burg, connecting to an Emirates flight to Dubai, then Zurich. The whole itinerary was written on one ticket, purchased from Emirates, but the first leg is on SAA. Since Emirates allows two pieces of luggage in economy, should that baggage allowance also apply when she checks in for the initial, short flight from East London? A friend who left on a similar connection had to pay for the second bag when she checked in with SAA, so prepared to pay, but just checking. Thanks.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

SAA's twitter account response and a telephone call indicated Emirates' two bag allowance will apply instead of the one bag allowed on SAA from Africa to Europe. I will report back a confirmation after she flies this week in case this information is of further use to anyone.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

two bags checked in with South African. No charge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.